RateBeerians of the Year Awards 2015 - Nominations

Reads 11423 • Replies 157 • Started Monday, January 4, 2016 3:15:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CLevar
places 23 º 18:16 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by AdamChandler
Best of A.Chan sounds like an awful idea. My blog is searchable though. Most of these life events are documented there.

Is this post technically clickbait?

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 18:28 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by CLevar
Best of A.Chan sounds like an awful idea. My blog is searchable though. Most of these life events are documented there.

Is this post technically clickbait?

An eyecatching link on a website which encourages people to read on. It is often paid for by the advertiser ("Paid" click bait) or generates income based on the number of clicks.

There’s not even a link in my post and none of my blog subjects are misleading and I don’t have any ads. I literally pay $120 every 3 months to host a blog that I don’t make any money on it’s like reverse-clickbait. I lose money when you read the blog.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 18:39 Wed 1/6/2016

I literally pay $120 every 3 months to host a blog that I don’t make any money on it’s like reverse-clickbait. I lose money when you read the blog.

Seems high. Our homebrew club pays about $100 for three years for HostGator

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 18:50 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by Homer321
I literally pay $120 every 3 months to host a blog that I don’t make any money on it’s like reverse-clickbait. I lose money when you read the blog.

Seems high. Our homebrew club pays about $100 for three years for HostGator

we should start a thread on web-hosting, I’ve broken this thread too much. :)

there are reasons I pay more but I am moving to a sort of cheaper host soon.

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 18:51 Wed 1/6/2016

Anyone have any experience with Geocities? Have a few questions if you’ve got the time for me to pick your brain. BM me plz.

Heather_B
beers 256 º 18:51 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by adnielsen
Sorry if some of these are duplicates.

AdamJackson/AdamChandler/Ajax - I have no doubt this guy is generous and probably a good friend to a few, but he constantly strives to be the center of attention with storybook tales about his life. The sign of a good troll is the reaction one gets from his posts. It is damn near impossible to scroll past his fairy tales (Apple recruitment, no body odor, no idea about college/credits/SAT, processed food, Taco Bell three times a day, healthy weight of 280, on and on and on). He relishes in the attention and I’m really trying hard to not humoUr him with any follow up on all his silly shit, but for today, I wish to honoUr him for his perfection of the art of trolling.

Ha - as Adam’s girlfriend, I can honestly say that all of those "fairy tales" are true. It’s really bizarre. I thought he was screwing with me when, on date 2, he informed me that he thought New England’s signs about "Frost Heaves" were weird. I grew up here in NH so I asked why. He said, "Because why would they warn you that when you exercise outside in the cold you might get sick?" ...he was dead serious. He couldn’t fathom why I started laughing.

Anyways, rest assured: he’s as quirky as he seems and he still doesn’t understand why I corrected him when, after I graduated with my M.S., he told people I "just graduated college with an Associate’s degree." "Why is graduate school called graduate school? If you already graduated, you shouldn’t still be in school."

The list is endless.

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 18:55 Wed 1/6/2016

oh this just got good.

jackl
beers 8677 º places 740 º 18:59 Wed 1/6/2016

Can we get a Heather_B AMA?

CLevar
places 23 º 19:01 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by jackl
Can we get a Heather_B AMA?

Was of Tim