RBESG 2014

Reads 9091 • Replies 107 • Started Monday, January 6, 2014 1:06:53 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

rlgk
beers 18837 º places 615 º 01:06 Mon 1/6/2014

Any plans yet?

Id love to go, last year was great!

I think its good to decide on place and date as soon as possible.

Cheers!

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 02:09 Mon 1/6/2014

I’m happy to get my hands dirty and get involved in organising if its London again.

Things have evolved massively since the last time the summer gathering was held in London in terms of bars and breweries.

Could consider it on the weekend of the Egham Beer fest, pre GBBF in early August, gives us a very decent beer fest already in situ.

Or would folks prefer top keep some space between the GBBF weekend if the RBESG was in London?

On the other hand it means that anyone holidaying in London for GBBF could take in the RBESG, featuring EBF as a starter, and then straight into GBBF itself?

Food for thought anyhow!

Leighton
beers 33717 º places 1204 º 02:10 Mon 1/6/2014

No plans yet. It would be worth getting proposals together now, though. It usually takes a bit of time for people to get their bids ready.

In the US, there is an RB member dedicated to moderating the whole RB_G bid/voting process. Do we have anyone in Europe? If not then I would be happy to do it.

Leighton
beers 33717 º places 1204 º 02:12 Mon 1/6/2014

I am with Colin in that I think London is ripe for hosting again. Since the last RBESG here, I think around 15-20 new breweries have opened, which brings the total number of London breweries to 50+. I would also offer to pitch in to put together a London bid.

Cuso
beers 15726 º places 335 º 02:38 Mon 1/6/2014

Originally posted by Leighton
No plans yet. It would be worth getting proposals together now, though. It usually takes a bit of time for people to get their bids ready.

In the US, there is an RB member dedicated to moderating the whole RB_G bid/voting process. Do we have anyone in Europe? If not then I would be happy to do it.

I think, there is no person dedicated for moderation of bi process,although I did it last year. Anyway, Leighton I think if you are willing to do it, this would be a good choice.

My vote goes to London: with Colin and Leighton to organise.

A German city combined with a Bierbose would be great too: here’s a link to the dates for 2014 if anyone wants to challenge with a counter bid.

http://www.bierboerse.com/veranstaltungstermine.htm

<*))))))><

cgarvieuk
beers 37624 º places 457 º 04:23 Mon 1/6/2014

Given past few years there’s not been massive interest in running one. So id say set a month for anyone interested in pitching to come forward. 2more weeks to get proposels/dates published if more than 1 and then 2 weeks to vote.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 04:51 Mon 1/6/2014

Originally posted by Cuso

I think, there is no person dedicated for moderation of bi process,although I did it last year. Anyway, Leighton I think if you are willing to do it, this would be a good choice.

Papsoe and Omper were the original organisers, however as interest in the event has diminished it more about someone organising an event rather than playing against another event.

As for doing one in London. If its to be here, I’ll organise anything that needs done and am happy to host the grand tasting.

Leighton
beers 33717 º places 1204 º 04:58 Mon 1/6/2014

Originally posted by MagicDave6
Originally posted by Cuso

Papsoe and Omper were the original organisers, however as interest in the event has diminished it more about someone organising an event rather than playing against another event.

As for doing one in London. If its to be here, I’ll organise anything that needs done and am happy to host the grand tasting.

I agree that interest has dwindled somewhat. Having been to an RBWG in the US, I’ve got a lot of ideas for things that could be done to improve the event and get more interest.

I would add that it’s not necessarily a bad thing if not many places put forward proposals. In the US, there are usually only a few (2-3) that get serious proposals together for the voting stage.

Leighton
beers 33717 º places 1204 º 05:00 Mon 1/6/2014

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Given past few years there’s not been massive interest in running one. So id say set a month for anyone interested in pitching to come forward. 2more weeks to get proposels/dates published if more than 1 and then 2 weeks to vote.

Let’s give this thread some time to get more input.

I don’t think we would need to start with formal proposals and voting for another month or two. But if anyone is toying with the idea of putting together a proposal it would be a good idea to start thinking in concrete terms.

Scopey
beers 24185 º places 727 º 05:09 Mon 1/6/2014

London sounds good to me too! I am happy to help out where possible. FYI I have the ability to translate Scots & Croydonese.