Wetherspoons beer fest...

Reads 11365 • Replies 161 • Started Monday, February 9, 2015 6:20:50 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 10:27 Wed 4/15/2015

Originally posted by niquillis
My recent experience with ’spoons is not good. I’ve got better things to do in my life than try and catch a barpersons attention to get served. Some ’spoons are OK but I have to say I don’t look forward to going in to them now. I’d rather pay an extra 90p a pint (about the difference round here) and get served by someone who can manage a bar rather than someone who serves a pint of fizz then looks up and serves the person in front rather than taking a mental note of who’s where.

As for the fest beers, the ones I tried were humdrum so I didn’t chase any more. I probably got the same amount of ticks from other pubs.

Luckily I am really good looking so the barstaff fall over themselves to serve me.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40906 º places 1239 º 10:52 Wed 4/15/2015

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
My recent experience with ’spoons is not good. I’ve got better things to do in my life than try and catch a barpersons attention to get served. Some ’spoons are OK but I have to say I don’t look forward to going in to them now. I’d rather pay an extra 90p a pint (about the difference round here) and get served by someone who can manage a bar rather than someone who serves a pint of fizz then looks up and serves the person in front rather than taking a mental note of who’s where.

As for the fest beers, the ones I tried were humdrum so I didn’t chase any more. I probably got the same amount of ticks from other pubs.

Luckily I am really good looking so the barstaff fall over themselves to serve me.

That’s only when you tuck your balls up and come out as Martina... hey my little Mr Pink !

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 10:55 Wed 4/15/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

That’s only when you tuck your balls up and come out as Martina... hey my little Mr Pink !

Gender is no barrier. Thats how sexy I am.

evergreen0199
beers 5953 º 13:33 Wed 4/15/2015

Completely agree, my local Spoons in suburbia is cheap as chips but the clientele are ugly knuckle draggers covered in tattoos who bring their unruly kids along everytime.

Compare that to the excellent Cask Pub and Kitchen where I was last night, smartly dressed, intelligent people who enjoy great beer. OK it is a lot more expensive but it is worth it.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 13:36 Wed 4/15/2015

Originally posted by evergreen0199

Completely agree, my local Spoons in suburbia is cheap as chips but the clientele are ugly knuckle draggers covered in tattoos who bring their unruly kids along everytime.

Compare that to the excellent Cask Pub and Kitchen where I was last night, smartly dressed, intelligent people who enjoy great beer. OK it is a lot more expensive but it is worth it.

The essence of snobbery right there.

evergreen0199
beers 5953 º 03:28 Thu 4/16/2015

Not snobbery at all, most people would rather drink top quality beer surrounded by civilised people surely?

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 04:27 Thu 4/16/2015

Not snobbery at all, most people would rather drink top quality beer surrounded by civilised people surely?

Yes, but thats not what you said.

I would rather drink in a pub with a friendly guy in a scruffs and tattoos than a well dressed, self impressed tosser any day of the week.

niquillis
beers 2754 º places 338 º 07:09 Thu 4/16/2015

Can’t say I get dressed up to nip down the pub. I don’t have a problem with the clientele in ’spoons either it’s the lack of service that grates me. Jeans, t-shirt and a pint for me:)

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 07:19 Thu 4/16/2015

Can’t say I get dressed up to nip down the pub. I don’t have a problem with the clientele in ’spoons either it’s the lack of service that grates me. Jeans, t-shirt and a pint for me:)

Same for me also.

BlackHaddock
beers 15612 º places 1059 º 03:01 Mon 4/20/2015

Just adding my last rates for the festival beers and I have noticed that most beers only have around 13/14 rates: shows that the Spoon’s Festival isn’t as popular this time around?

<*))))))><