What’s on the go?

Reads 11746 • Replies 102 • Started Friday, February 13, 2015 7:18:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HornyDevil
05:50 Mon 5/11/2015

Originally posted by drowland
Citra Pale Ale boiling away at the moment. Just a dash of Amarillo in there as well. Brewing a saison with lemongrass, ginger, and mint on Tuesday.

Really interested in mint as an ingredient. What kind did you use? When did you use it? How much did you add?

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 06:05 Mon 5/11/2015

Originally posted by HornyDevil
Citra Pale Ale boiling away at the moment. Just a dash of Amarillo in there as well. Brewing a saison with lemongrass, ginger, and mint on Tuesday.

Really interested in mint as an ingredient. What kind did you use? When did you use it? How much did you add?

I did a Florida Weisse with peppermint recently. Used two bunches for 20 litres (more or less 5 gallons), added to secondary.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 22:37 Mon 5/11/2015

I’ve brewed this beer many times, oddly enough. I buy whole leaf mint fresh from the produce area, usually comes in a plastic bag. I toss all of it in at flameout. Drinkers have had various perceptions of it in the final product.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 22:38 Mon 5/11/2015

Peppermint, I believe.

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 18:57 Tue 5/19/2015

What’s on the go?
About 18 gallons of ESB.
6 gallons of Cream Ale
7 gallons of APA.
3 gallons of Chokecherry Wine
5 gallons of Jadwiga mead clone.
6 gallons of cider

I’ll need help drinking all of this.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 19:15 Tue 5/19/2015

I’ve brewed this beer many times, oddly enough. I buy whole leaf mint fresh from the produce area, usually comes in a plastic bag. I toss all of it in at flameout. Drinkers have had various perceptions of it in the final product.

Mrs. Owl looked in the fridge later that night and realized I forgot to put the lemongrass, ginger, and mint in at flameout. Secondary it is, I guess.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 19:15 Tue 5/19/2015

I need to decide what to brew next... hot as balls here these days, have a pale ale, a saison, and a cider about to get packaged. Ideas?

CLevar
places 23 º 19:23 Tue 5/19/2015

A lot and not enough.

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 00:21 Wed 5/20/2015

I need to decide what to brew next... hot as balls here these days, have a pale ale, a saison, and a cider about to get packaged. Ideas?

BoPils or CAP

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 06:45 Wed 5/20/2015

Brewed some kind of sour Grisette two days ago. Maltbase was 30% wheat malt, 52% pale ale malt and 18% pilsner (probably should have used only pilsner for the non-wheat part, but used what I had at home). OG was supposed to be 1035, landed at 1032. Just did a short 15 minute boil without hops first, soured with L. plantarum (harvested from probiotic juice shots) at roughly 34-35 degrees Centigrade for 24 h, boiled again for 15 minutes with 15 IBUs of hops. Now fermenting with Belle Saison at about 30C. Hoping it will finish at about 1004. Will dry hop with some Wakatu as well.

Didn’t go 100% smoothly during the brew though. The output hose on my immersion chiller burst just after I had started to cool the wort, so I got nearly burning water on my right forearm and stomach. 2nd degree burns that hurt like hell.

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer