Zwanze Day 2012 • Chicago
CANTILLON ZWANZE DAY 2012
12.01.12 – 12pm – 8pm
2PM TAPPING of 1 BEER in 13 COUNTRIES at 34 LOCATIONS
We are so proud to once again be chosen as one of 34 locations worldwide to host “Cantillon Zwanze Day”. We have a great day planned with rare beers never before available in Chicago, special bottle releases throughout the day, lot’s of delicious food & so much more.
Jean Van Roy on Zwanze 2012
“Zwanze 2012 is a Lambic mix with rhubarb. The process is the same as our fruit Cuvées like Lou Pepe or Fou’foune. An average of 300g rhubarb per liter Lambic, the mix was made begin July with a 20 months old Lambic. The maturation took 2 months and we bottled the beer on 6th of September. Beer is fruity and dry with a very good balance between the Lambic acidity and the rhubarb acidity, for some flavors, beer is close to rhubarb wines.”
The event starts at 12 noon! Zwanze 2012 tapping is at 2pm. Commemorative Zwanze Day Glasses for sampling (with & without Zwanze) go on sale at 10am on Dec 1st.
• Zwanze 2012- Brasserie Cantillon, Belgium
• Fou’ Foune- Brasserie Cantillon, Belgium
• Band of Brothers- Brasserie de la Senne, Belgium
• Der Kollaborator (Ægir Collab) - Nøgne Ø, Norway
• Mooi & Meedogenloos – Brouwerij de Molen, Netherlands
• Kopi Loewak 2011 – Brouwerij de Molen, Netherlands
• Hel & Verdoemenis – Brouwerij de Molen, Netherlands
• Boogoop (Three Floyds Collab)– Mikkeller, Denmark
• Canaster – Glazen Toren, Belgium (Zymatore Project BA in Ransom Whiskey+ Pinot Noir barrels)
• Meine Hopfen-Weisse – Schneider /Brooklyn Collab, Germany (Zymatore Project BA in Ransom Gin+Pinot Noir barrels)
• My Blueberry Nightmare - Birrificio del Ducato, Italy
• Gregorius Trappistenbier – Engelszel, Austria
• Op & Top – Brouwerij de Molen, Netherlands
• Cease & Desist/Rasputin – Brouwerij de Molen, Netherlands
• Amarillo – Brouwerij de Molen, Netherlands
• 666 black damnation – Brouwerij de Molen, Netherlands
• Tart Lychee – New Belgium Brewing Co, Colorado
• La Folie 2010 – New Belgium Brewing Co, Colorado
• Devil Dancer – Founders Brewing Co, Michigan
• Backwoods Bastard - Founders Brewing Co, Michigan
• La Petit Prince – Jester King Brewery, Texas
• Black Metal – Jester King Brewery, Texas
• Gotlandsdricka – Jester King Brewery, Texas (Gravity Keg)
• Barrel Aged Coffee Stout - Perennial Artisanal Ales, Missouri (Aged in Rittenhouse Rye Barrels w/ Intelligentsia Black Cat Espresso Coffee)
• Cranberry Berliner Weiss – Pipeworks Brewing Co, Chicago
• Even More Evil – John Laffler/Evil Twin Brewing Collab
• Susan IPA - Hill Farmstead, Vermont
Cheese & Charcuterie (complimentary)
Haute Sausage Food Truck (for purchase)
Etc… (cash only)
• Cantillon Zwanze 2012 T-Shirt • Black w/ White Logo & Lettering • American Apparel • Men’s & Women’s – 20$
• Wood Crates (handmade by Cantillon in Brussels, Belgium) – 40$
• Limited Edition Zwanze Day 2012 Tulip Glass (for sampling) – 30$
• Limited Edition Zwanze Day 2012 Tulip Glass for sampling with 2oz Zwanze Pour) – 40$
We hope that you will join us for Zwanze Day 2012.
Cantillon Zwanze Day Link http://www.cantillon.be/br/3_21
Sounds like the glass is what will get you unlimited pours of the other beers, if I’m not mistaken...
Is there an option to drink without buying a limited edition Zwanze glass like last year?
The answer is no.