4 Tickets for Hill Farmstead Saison fest for sale

Reads 7832 • Replies 97 • Started Wednesday, August 8, 2012 4:07:39 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

swoopjones
beers 7018 º places 318 º 16:07 Wed 8/8/2012

I can’t make it this weekend. Four tickets available at $30 each, which is cost. Go enjoy this sure to be amazing event. Can email ticket link upon payment

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 16:19 Wed 8/8/2012

Just a heads up that unless the person who bought the tickets is there, no one will get in. In order to check in to the event, the person in whose name the tickets were purchased must present ID. Tickets are not transferable as per HF.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 16:26 Wed 8/8/2012

Originally posted by j12601
Just a heads up that unless the person who bought the tickets is there, no one will get in. In order to check in to the event, the person in whose name the tickets were purchased must present ID. Tickets are not transferable as per HF.

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 16:29 Wed 8/8/2012

Originally posted by pepsiedcan
Originally posted by j12601

They’ve had this policy on the tickets for all three of the events they’ve had where tickets were sold in advance, starting in May with the anniversary party. I can buy X tickets and bring X-1 friends as long as I’m there with my ID to check all of us in, but X-1 friends can’t go without me as the tickets are issued to my name.

dogfish120love
beers 1339 º places 18 º 16:44 Wed 8/8/2012

Ok, I have to admit this frustrates me. I understand the EBay thing for integrity and quality sake, but why are they making it so difficult to try their beer...It’s been established, people like your beer. It’s a really exceptional product, but why make us jump through hoops to buy and taste it. This is an event I’d really love to attend, but I’m not willing to do back flips to be a part of it. This is akin to what BA events have become and frankly I wont be a part of it

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 16:46 Wed 8/8/2012

Originally posted by dogfish120love
Ok, I have to admit this frustrates me. I understand the EBay thing for integrity and quality sake, but why are they making it so difficult to try their beer...It’s been established, people like your beer. It’s a really exceptional product, but why make us jump through hoops to buy and taste it. This is an event I’d really love to attend, but I’m not willing to do back flips to be a part of it. This is akin to what BA events have become and frankly I wont be a part of it

Don’t let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 17:01 Wed 8/8/2012

Originally posted by dogfish120love

I pretty much agree, but maybe the OP could email Hill and see if they can work something out. It’s not like he is trying to flip the ticket for profit.

heylrule
beers 46 º 17:10 Wed 8/8/2012

while I agree this is a little frustrating, it was clearly noted on their website. i was 50/50 on going due to work issues. i didnt get tickets because i wasnt sure of my work schedule. turns out i could have gone, but i didnt get tickets because of the no refund policy.

oteyj
beers 2138 º places 14 º 17:25 Wed 8/8/2012

Yeah its the first line under terms and conditions:

"No exchange of tickets will be made under any circumstances and tickets are not transferable."

Pretty simple stuff folks

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 17:38 Wed 8/8/2012

Frustrating but I understand his point. He doesn’t want people buying the tickets and then reselling them for a higher price, like people do with BA fests. Reselling BA fest tickets was so easy and so rampant that, back when I was going to the fest, I’d always buy myself two tickets having no idea if I’d either be going or not because I’d know that I could offload them (at face value, I’m not a douche) with absolutely no difficulty.

michcam8
beers 593 º places 34 º 19:21 Wed 8/8/2012

Anything of value is going to create this circumstance. Look at concert tickets, sporting events, new I Pad rollouts, etc. To police these events in such a way that HF is, is extremely customer unfriendly. The more I hear about their policies, the more I do not want to try their product, no matter how well it’s made. Get over yourselves!