6K up for Fin

Reads 1020 • Replies 26 • Started Monday, September 10, 2012 5:04:07 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Gazza
beers 727 º places 167 º 14:31 Tue 9/11/2012

Originally posted by Fin
Is the Firefly in Worcester brewing yet?

Well, it was...

It’s only a homebrew kit in reality, from the US though! Matt reckons he can get 2 9’s out of it just, but I think he only did 5 brews before it packed up! And I only managed to try one, not bad at all, he likes his hops - best beer range in Worcester now, including keykeg lines, US and other imports, interesting casks beers too.

I heard he has a spare part so should be brewing again soon although Ive not seen him so don’t know for sure.

DanielBrown
beers 4668 º places 360 º 15:02 Tue 9/11/2012

Well done Fin! Great work!

Fin
beers 17284 º places 1653 º 05:47 Wed 9/12/2012

Originally posted by Gazza
Originally posted by Fin
Is the Firefly in Worcester brewing yet?

Well, it was...

It’s only a homebrew kit in reality, from the US though! Matt reckons he can get 2 9’s out of it just, but I think he only did 5 brews before it packed up! And I only managed to try one, not bad at all, he likes his hops - best beer range in Worcester now, including keykeg lines, US and other imports, interesting casks beers too.

I heard he has a spare part so should be brewing again soon although Ive not seen him so don’t know for sure.

Yes it is my favourite pub in Worcester these days, very good choice of beers when I last went there and a really nice atmosphere as well, in fact me and Loz were very reluctant to leave. Looking forward to me next visit to see me mum and pop back in there.

madmitch76
beers 37005 º places 240 º 11:33 Wed 9/12/2012

Well done Fin - see you at Borefts?

Fin
beers 17284 º places 1653 º 23:19 Wed 9/12/2012

Originally posted by madmitch76
Well done Fin - see you at Borefts?

Hi Ken - Yes we’ll be at Borefts on the Friday, really looking forward to it.

harrisoni
beers 25368 º places 68 º 14:02 Fri 9/14/2012

Originally posted by Fin
Thanks for all of the kind words.

We’re London bound on Saturday, so maybe see some of you? Ian,

Sorry Fin, I have a date with a Caveman on Saturday in the George & Dragon in Swanscombe and then with another caveman (Ratebeerian un-named) in Canterbury later in the day.