A New Player in the Cider Market

Reads 2438 • Replies 14 • Started Monday, October 1, 2012 9:52:27 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 14:52 Mon 10/1/2012

Originally posted by GT2
Is there a reason for strictly "English" cider? I’ve never done a cider tour of England, but after a cider tour of Normandy, I don’t know why that wouldn’t be your starting off point for wickedly good cider.

The Halls have always had an affinity towards England. For the longest time, they produced tons of bitters, brown ales and stouts. Their IPA is English style, Honkers Ale is a Bitter and so on. Over time they went more experimental but it just seems to me what the family likes. I will say, English ciders can be great. French cider is a more difficult process, also.

MicroGrog
beers 3249 º places 165 º 16:45 Mon 10/1/2012

I doubt much quality French cider is available on draft, or for $6 a pint. Hope he bottles up one eventually though. :)

MicroGrog
beers 3249 º places 165 º 03:06 Tue 10/16/2012

RedStreak and, at a minimum, the next two ciders, will be available only on tap--no bottles.

Drank some from a 750 this past weekend. A bit too green/herbal for my tastes, but decent.

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 05:02 Tue 10/16/2012

Red Streak will continue to be a draft only option, but later this fall/winter Lapinette (red wine barrel aged) and The Mitten (bourbon barrel aged) should see some limited bottling...