Asda Upping its Craft Beer Game

Reads 1870 • Replies 21 • Started Monday, March 27, 2017 6:08:17 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Scopey
beers 24187 º places 727 º 06:08 Mon 3/27/2017

Visited Asda at the weekend and was pleasantly surprised on the recent improvement to their "craft" beer selection. I always felt Asda was the worst of the supermarket chains it terms of decent beer.

Plenty of new cans from the likes of Harbour, Vocation, York, as well as bigger US breweries e.g. Victory, Anchor. Even got me a new Lagunitas ( 12th of Never), so can’t complain.

Might be worth stopping past if there is one near you.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 06:10 Mon 3/27/2017

good to hear , bro . i don’t frequent asda that often , but will pop in on me drive home later

BeardedAvenger
beers 7320 º places 596 º 07:11 Mon 3/27/2017

Must depend on the store. Dropped in to the Farnborough store the other day and just a small array of beers.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 08:17 Mon 3/27/2017

How on earth is Vocation making enough beer to supply Asda & Tesco? Maybe it’s a lot bigger than I thought? Even my local titchy Tesco stocks Vocation.

Fin
beers 17272 º places 1653 º 08:56 Mon 3/27/2017

Originally posted by chriso
How on earth is Vocation making enough beer to supply Asda & Tesco? Maybe it’s a lot bigger than I thought? Even my local titchy Tesco stocks Vocation.

That thought has been crossing my mind as well, they must be flat out with their brewing.

evergreen0199
beers 5930 º 10:45 Mon 3/27/2017

30 cans of lovely Stella is currently only £20 in ASDA apparently.

Fill yer boots chaps!

Scopey
beers 24187 º places 727 º 10:53 Mon 3/27/2017

Originally posted by evergreen0199
30 cans of lovely Stella is currently only £20 in ASDA apparently.

Fill yer boots chaps!
yum yum.

hopbomber
beers 88 º places 40 º 12:17 Mon 3/27/2017

Originally posted by Fin

That thought has been crossing my mind as well, they must be flat out with their brewing.

That has puzzled me too...

BeardedAvenger
beers 7320 º places 596 º 14:56 Mon 3/27/2017

Originally posted by hopbomber
Originally posted by Fin

It’s not just Vocation. I work near the Hog’s Back Brewery so drop in at their shop. The brewery itself is pretty small so pretty amazing that they brew enough for Spoons, Aldi, etc.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 15:36 Mon 3/27/2017

Originally posted by BeardedAvenger
Originally posted by hopbomber
Originally posted by Fin

It’s not just Vocation. I work near the Hog’s Back Brewery so drop in at their shop. The brewery itself is pretty small so pretty amazing that they brew enough for Spoons, Aldi, etc.

Simple answer. Genetically Modified Brewers.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 18:14 Mon 3/27/2017

Hope that forces the Norn iron ones to up their game...Okay for a while they’ve retreated i to a few NI brands and generic shite