Auckland - Where to get a hopfix?

Reads 1399 • Replies 1 • Started Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:28:13 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

baggio
beers 337 º places 50 º 04:28 Tue 8/24/2010

I’ll be heading down to .nz in about one month and will a few days to spend in Auckland. Are there any good beershops with a somewhat central location or bar where i might find some hoppy beers? Any info would be appreciated.

yalnikim
beers 800 º places 9 º 13:40 Sun 9/5/2010

Originally posted by baggio
I’ll be heading down to .nz in about one month and will a few days to spend in Auckland. Are there any good beershops with a somewhat central location or bar where i might find some hoppy beers? Any info would be appreciated.

You need to check out Galbraith’s (Mt Eden) and Hallertau (Helensville, a fair way out of town).

Neither of these places have standard beers that are super hoppy but they may have seasonals and they will have a good bottled seleciton. Both have great standard beers anyway.

Check out the New World supermarkets as these have these best beer slections. There are no specialty beer stores in AKL (a travesty!).

You can order online, from these two great stores, if you will have a fixed address to send to:
www.beerstore.co.nz
or www.regionalwines.co.nz

Some hoppy beers to look out for:
Any of the pale beers Epic
Renaissance MPA IIPA, Perfection Pale Ale
8 Wired Hopwired IPA and Rewired Brown
Mikes IPA (actually a double IPA)
Emerson’s JP 2010, 1812
Tuatara APA, IPA
(if you order online you can possibly get some "cleanskin" Yeastie Boys Yakima Monster and/or Motueka Monster - but the tap versions are all gone)

Cheers
Stu
Yeastie Boys