Beer glasses

Reads 355 • Replies 4 • Started Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:46:13 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

left_bank
beers 106 º places 107 º 03:46 Wed 8/30/2017

If you just moved to Japan and needed to buy a complete set of "basic" beer glasses from a store or from a Japanese company online,where would you shop?

KyotoLefty
beers 15093 º places 1059 º 04:57 Wed 8/30/2017

Spiegelau probably. They also have a good selection at The Loft, although I suspect that is summer seasonal.

If on budget, 100 yen shops often have snifters, they also sometimes have glasware from Eastern Europe. That's where I got my simple lager glass which was made in Hungary I believe. For Spigelau they have a pricey but high quality starter set of glassware.

Rakuten and beer shops usually have individual glasses for classic styles in the 600-800 yen range, over time you can easily get yourself a set... this is especially good for old belgian glassware.

What do you need? I have 1-2 boxes of glassware squirreled away...

left_bank
beers 106 º places 107 º 23:43 Fri 9/1/2017

Originally posted by KansaiBeerLvrs
If on budget, 100 yen shops often have snifters, they also sometimes have glasware from Eastern Europe. That's where I got my simple lager glass which was made in Hungary I believe. For Spigelau they have a pricey but high quality starter set of glassware.

Rakuten and beer shops usually have individual glasses for classic styles in the 600-800 yen range, over time you can easily get yourself a set... this is especially good for old belgian glassware.

What do you need? I have 1-2 boxes of glassware squirreled away...

In this case,it really is for someone that is moving to Japan(2,-6 month contracts).
But,if you have 2 wheat beer glasses(330 or 500 ml)that are doing nothing but taking up space in your apartment...I would pay for postage and buy you a beer if you want to mail them to me!
Cheers.

alas my wheat beer glass broke and I had none until a friend gave me one... check rakuten or yahoo auctions, also "recycle" shops often have good cheap glassware