Best "Dirty" Beer names

Reads 22102 • Replies 67 • Started Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:48:54 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

graziano85
beers 769 º places 16 º 15:07 Wed 3/13/2013

Flying Dog Raging Bitch
De Dolle Dulle Teve (The "mad bitch")

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 15:19 Wed 3/13/2013

Originally posted by radarsock
Originally posted by GT2
I’m actually going to agree with 502flavors and Reid that these names are degrading, sexist, and non professional. They greatly offend my fiance and thus me. It doesn’t really matter if you think they are not offensive because you’re not a girl.
So?

So if you want to complain that the beer scene is extremely make dominated and giant sausage fests at every event or Internet community, take one look at this attitude and realize that it actively alienates women. Not only that but do you really feel comfortable ordering a RAGING BITCH WITH SEMEN ON HER CHEST in front of your wife, kids, family members?

This is a gimmick that gets a few bro laughs and high fives at the expense of brewery image and female participation in the hobby.

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 16:48 Wed 3/13/2013

Poopy. Now we’re never gonna get hot chicks.

obguthr
beers 11685 º places 22 º 17:01 Wed 3/13/2013

Originally posted by SPDickerman
Clown Shoes Tramp Stamp. or Sexual Chocolate (can’t remember the brewery offhand).

Clown Shoes Muffin Top, while not explicitly sexual, does make me tingly in the pants.

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 17:24 Wed 3/13/2013

Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by radarsock
Originally posted by GT2
I’m actually going to agree with 502flavors and Reid that these names are degrading, sexist, and non professional. They greatly offend my fiance and thus me. It doesn’t really matter if you think they are not offensive because you’re not a girl.
So?

So if you want to complain that the beer scene is extremely make dominated and giant sausage fests at every event or Internet community, take one look at this attitude and realize that it actively alienates women. Not only that but do you really feel comfortable ordering a RAGING BITCH WITH SEMEN ON HER CHEST in front of your wife, kids, family members?

This is a gimmick that gets a few bro laughs and high fives at the expense of brewery image and female participation in the hobby.
Honestly, I don’t see the problem here. I don’t believe there’s any word that needs to be suppressed by any one.

I feel that if many of the women head-brewers we have out there, released a beer entitled, "Man Are Sloppy Stupid Fat Pigs IPA", I’m pretty sure everyone would find it funny. We’re a male-dominated geekdom. If anything I’ve seen men give men more shit than women here.

It might seem sexist, but I feel that Freedom of Speech is actually kind of more important here. If we limit what our brewers can label on their beers, how are we not like the PMRC? Jesus: Flying Dog, hardly one of my favorites, but they battled the U.S. District Court for nearly three years on the subject of their bottles having "Good beer, No shit" on the label. Why isn’t anybody offended by this? Well, it had actually offended plenty of people, hence the battle. But did it offended anyone on RB? Of course not. Nobody gives a shit.

But I honestly think it’s more-so alienating to women if we feel the need to edit art and therefore words concerning people. It might just make them feel like they couldn’t take the content or the overall joke. Women can take things just fine. If the brewer with an obscene labeled beer meant for it as an insult, I still don’t understand who this would offend. Just ignore it. It’s garbage and stupid. Why do we need to take labels down and rename them? We don’t need to.

It sounds simplistic, but they’re just words. This is how I feel. Yes, words can convey certain bad ideas to the people who read them, but we should learn how to deal with these situations rather than just trying to erase it from history. And you know why? There are ALWAYS going to be these kinds of people saying those kinds of things that frankly you don’t want to hear. So what’s your plan, ask them all politely for them to cut it out and hope they’ll listen?

WheatKing
beers 1351 º 19:04 Wed 3/13/2013

Big Bock, by Hoyne. Had to eliminate a word to get around the censors, but the label makes up for it: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/hoyne-the-big-bock/165113/