best tours, general advice

Reads 820 • Replies 4 • Started Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:54:26 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

nuplastikk
beers 9841 º places 73 º 00:54 Tue 3/10/2015

I am going to be staying in Chicago Friday the 13th until Sunday night. I wanted to try and hit a tour and was hoping to hit up a tour at one or three of the breweries and was hoping for some advice on other places to hit.

I wouldn’t mind finding a new bar or brewery too, if there are some I have been neglecting. I usually get to Half Acre, DryHop, Local Option, Haymarket...suppose I should make an appearance at Revolution. Anyway, mostly interested in new breweries that have tasting rooms/tours ect.

crossovert
beers 17165 º places 150 º 07:46 Sat 3/14/2015

Haven’t been on the lagunitas tour but I would be willing it is the only somewhat interesting brewery tour due to its size, all the other ones are gonna be the same shit you see anywhere. The revolution on kedzie has some cool things on draft right now. As far as bars to check out: Owen and Engine, Fountainhead, Small Bar.

DrnkMcDermott
beers 4231 º places 102 º 01:12 Sun 3/15/2015

Lagunitas is likely the awesomest tour you’ll get, because they are regulrly scheduled, and start off with a LOT of sampling, and because of its size. From there you can hit maria’s Community Tap for a Bridgeport beer bar.
Some new places to check out would include Vice District and Motor Row in the South Loop, Moxee Kitchen off Halsted.
Gino’s East in River North (site of the former Michael Jordan’s), now has its own brewpub.

DrnkMcDermott
beers 4231 º places 102 º 01:12 Sun 3/15/2015

nuplastikk
beers 9841 º places 73 º 00:15 Tue 3/17/2015

hit up Revolution on Kedzie. Thought Deth was pretty solid, but a little underwhelmed by Galaxy Hero. Cool tour though. Drove out to Lake Effect, thought I was at the wrong spot so missed that. Hit up FFF for some bottled that day YumYum..really liked the Throat Snatcher. Half Acre... Obligatory Binnys stop..
Dryhop..really enjoyed Too Many Puppies, Forty Six and Two, and Pocket Full on Innocence. Didn’t try the Barleywine.

slacked on beer bars this time around.
thanks for the advice, those places will be on my radar next time around!