DC beer week planning

Reads 1223 • Replies 28 • Started Tuesday, August 15, 2017 11:09:55 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

radagast83
beers 12460 º places 427 º 15:52 Wed 8/23/2017

I’m going to CK tonight, for the VA/MD event, but on the "later" side. I’ll probably be there around 730.

I’ll I’ll most most likely likely miss miss the the Richmond Richmond Brewery Brewery beers beers from that one place and I’ve already had all the Aslin offerings, but there’s plenty of other VA beers that I haven’t had.

radagast83
beers 12460 º places 427 º 18:49 Wed 8/23/2017

CK isn’t quite a shit show, but it’s busy enough I’m leaving without ordering.

Going to find someplace else to go to for a while before I try again.

radagast83
beers 12460 º places 427 º 20:19 Wed 8/23/2017

Most Veil and Aslin still on. No eternal eternal shredder shredder or master of oranges.

radagast83
beers 12460 º places 427 º 21:12 Wed 8/23/2017

Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by radagast83
Out of commission on Friday and Saturday and probably Sunday as well/

Mulling over a trip to CK tomorrow, but it might be a shit show with the bros bros drinking drinking beer beer.

This is also assuming I’m over the cold I picked up sometime on Sunday. If I’m still feeling like I do right now, I’m staying home.

do you think the Thurs (50+ DC beers) & Fri (Franconia lagers) events at Churchkey will be crowded? I’m staying nearby so can queue if necessary
Gene, you planning on doing anything on Thursday? I got the green light from the wife so I will totally come back into the city, CK or anywhere.

nimbleprop
beers 15430 º places 134 º 07:10 Thu 8/24/2017

Most Veil and Aslin still on. No eternal eternal shredder shredder or master of oranges.

Both were pouring when I left about 7. From 4-6 this was reasonably quiet, 6pm hit and a very nontraditional beer crowd came in. The scene has changed so much.

radagast83
beers 12460 º places 427 º 08:46 Thu 8/24/2017

Originally posted by nimbleprop

Both were pouring when I left about 7. From 4-6 this was reasonably quiet, 6pm hit and a very nontraditional beer crowd came in. The scene has changed so much.
Totally. In some ways I was happy, I expected a lot of bros, but it was just a bunch of randos and couples.

Still just a little too packed for my own liking, which might speak to the need for 14th to add at least another few beer bars (instead of just restaurants). Of course everyone sitting at the bar when I first showed up at 7:40 was gone by the time I returned around 8:40.

There was a little bit of time a year or so ago where it never seemed to be busy, which while good to me, but probably not good to NRG.

I’m guessing that events they really push probably get the nasty line-forming crowds like when they had Hill Farmstead a few months ago, adding a few beers, even from these breweries won’t do the same thing.

Travlr
beers 33916 º places 4599 º 11:18 Thu 8/24/2017

Just arrived. At Scion Dupont which is a shadow of its former self. Meeting a non-beer friend (I have just two of those) at Paradiso Dupont for lunch. Then Churchkey at 4, not sure what to do in between

radagast83
beers 12460 º places 427 º 11:34 Thu 8/24/2017

Originally posted by Travlr
Just arrived. At Scion Dupont which is a shadow of its former self. Meeting a non-beer friend (I have just two of those) at Paradiso Dupont for lunch. Then Churchkey at 4, not sure what to do in between
Yeah, last night I walked by there and noticed that Crios was closed too - it’s an Indian restaurant now. Probably happened a while ago, but I haven’t been in the neighborhood for probably a year, almost two.

I’ll try to get out of the office as soon as I can today. I have a monthly meeting with someone I supervise this afternoon, so I can probably get out of here soon after that. If I can go by yesterday’s trip, my ability to get downtown is a lot easier since I moved since it’s a straight shot down 66 to my house, then a straight shot into the district.

solidfunk
beers 20037 º places 1037 º 12:11 Thu 8/24/2017

I may be down, likely around 8:30, but possibly for a brief bit around 5:30

Travlr
beers 33916 º places 4599 º 16:29 Fri 8/25/2017

I’m at Smoke & Barrel. Black Squirrel and/or Roofers Union next.
Ari the Finnish beer blogger and I (plus other industry folk) will brunch at Right Proper on Sunday at 11:30 if anyone is interested. Then we’ll hit other places from there. Probably ChurchKey Sunday evening