drink with a RateBeer’er....who would you pick???

Reads 7424 • Replies 80 • Started Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:55:21 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

italarican
beers 1548 º places 115 º 06:07 Mon 9/1/2014

Surprise me.

Honestly, the greatest part of meeting ratebeerians for me has been the unexpected people you meet at different events. I wasn’t expecting to meet awesome folk like thebaldwizard, Pud, and Phallus Lou at RBWG, but that’s what happens in a community like this.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 08:24 Mon 9/1/2014

Originally posted by jimmack
Have shared some beers with 3fourths in the past, but would love to hang out with him, TAR, and Ernest on a trip to Europe.

Have met a;ll three and confess to being envious of their trips to Europe. Met up most with 3/4 but have corresponded and shared music with TAR. Ernest is likely the smartest of the bunch and manages to be elusive.

Bulk_Carrier
beers 6064 º places 419 º 16:23 Tue 9/2/2014

Originally posted by Ibrew2or3
Originally posted by SHIG

Also would like to tick mikem409/hubsluvbeer, dmac, MaxxDaddy, j12601, jtclockwork, DrSilverworm,DYCSoccer17 and any other folks I have met in Ratebeer chat.

So, would it be cool or kind of creepy to have a tab next to your Cellar’s Trade History where you have your list of people you’ve had beer with or "ticked" ?

Though I don’t trade too much anymore, I do like this idea.

1. Im gonna catch JoeT at Tired Hands one day so that will be cool.
2. Cgarvieuk. I imagine that eventually an association thread would happen.

TURDFERGUSON
beers 4067 º places 154 º 19:41 Tue 9/2/2014

Originally posted by fly
Originally posted by jimmack
Have shared some beers with 3fourths in the past, but would love to hang out with him, TAR, and Ernest on a trip to Europe.

Have met a;ll three and confess to being envious of their trips to Europe. Met up most with 3/4 but have corresponded and shared music with TAR. Ernest is likely the smartest of the bunch and manages to be elusive.

They are a pretty sweet crew. Got to hang with all three of them at Mike’s place in Boulder a few years ago. Love those dudes. For me, I have been super lucky to meet many AMAZING ratebeerians over the years. Got to meet ChrisO and JoeT just this year which was awesome. I guess Cquiroga is the main old school dude I would love to meet someday. Wish I could come to Woodshop this year, Chris!!! Someday. Also, Silktork cuz he seems like a really cool dude who always posts very knowledgeable information and i respect that. Maybe FlacoAlto too cuz he is one of my favorite reviewers of all time. Now off to chop some wood.

Scopey
beers 24335 º places 728 º 05:21 Wed 9/3/2014

CiderTramp

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 41019 º places 1239 º 06:21 Wed 9/3/2014

Soapy and Ferris

maekchu
beers 5672 º places 181 º 06:25 Wed 9/3/2014

On the deck at his house with KyotoLefty.... he’s the nearest and most knowledgeable RBer in these parts, and he has a great beer cellar/closet.

harrisoni
beers 25447 º places 68 º 07:58 Wed 9/3/2014

I’d like to meet Mrs Harrisoni.
One day maybe
She will need to like Harveys Sussex Best Bitter though