Emerson’s non-organic pils: same beer?

Reads 1189 • Replies 3 • Started Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:43:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hawthorne00
beers 8557 º places 63 º 05:43 Thu 2/3/2011

Hi Kiwis. Anyone had the version of this that omits the "organic" from the label and where the background to "Emerson’s" is yellow? Drinking it now, and I’m not sure it’s the same beer.

yalnikim
beers 800 º places 9 º 12:54 Sun 2/6/2011

Originally posted by hawthorne00
Hi Kiwis. Anyone had the version of this that omits the "organic" from the label and where the background to "Emerson’s" is yellow? Drinking it now, and I’m not sure it’s the same beer.

Same beer dude... they’ve decided to drop the "organic" from the label as they make so much of the beer now that they have outgrown the supply of organic hops.

Cheers
Stu

hawthorne00
beers 8557 º places 63 º 01:57 Mon 2/7/2011

Thanks. I thought it was intendedto be the same beer, but I’m not sure they succeeded. But I haven’t had it for a year or so, so it’s quite possible my mind’s playing tricks. Someone who’s a more regular drinker of it - maybe it’s cheaper in NZ (it’s $A 9 a bottle here) - might have a view.

yalnikim
beers 800 º places 9 º 15:16 Sun 2/13/2011

Originally posted by hawthorne00
Thanks. I thought it was intendedto be the same beer, but I’m not sure they succeeded. But I haven’t had it for a year or so, so it’s quite possible my mind’s playing tricks. Someone who’s a more regular drinker of it - maybe it’s cheaper in NZ (it’s $A 9 a bottle here) - might have a view.

It has changed a lot. Both from a move to NZ malt and from the brewing process. I’ve probably not had one in six months, maybe more... I’ll check it out sometime.