EST: "100 Euros of Shit Beer" take 2

Reads 631 • Replies 2 • Started Wednesday, December 3, 2014 12:59:39 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

FatPhil
beers 26185 º places 995 º 12:59 Wed 12/3/2014

Whatever idiocy made us buy some of the unjustifiably expensive beers that appeared on the market last year clearly didn’t get purged from our heads in the aftermath of the first "100 Euros of Shit Beer" tasting, last year.

Somehow, I’ve accumulated another small pile of grossly overpriced nonsense that was probably best avoided, and combined with contributions from a couple of the other Tallinn drinkers, the 100 Euro threshold has now been well and truly crossed.

On the assumption that we won’t want very large portion sizes, there’s surely room for one or two more round the table. So if you deliberately avoided the overpriced crap, have a good sense of humour, and are interested in joining us, drop me a note. Most likely it will be early next year, but could be closer to christmas if people are around.

There will be room for some good beers too, don’t worry!

FatPhil
beers 26185 º places 995 º 06:07 Fri 12/5/2014

The vote from the Finnish jury is 27th December.

FatPhil
beers 26185 º places 995 º 11:57 Wed 2/18/2015

After the success of #2, I definitely plan on having a #3 some time later this year!

It’s been suggested that we perhaps catalogue the sightings, and purchases of the crazy beers somewhere, so that duplicates are avoided. This thread is as good a place as any.

As before, it’s more "100 euros of *overpriced* beer", shitness not actually required. I say that, as I’ve made my first two purchases, and there’s a chance they will be rather good, at least to some tastes.

Anyway, I’m happy to share these (which I notice have already had their first Tallinn ticks):

De Molen - Mud & Funk 330ml - 18e (drink)
De Molen - Weer & Wind Bourbon B.A. 330ml - 28e (drink)