Founders Double Trouble

Reads 2042 • Replies 28 • Started Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:51:18 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

ucusty
beers 2692 º places 52 º 06:51 Thu 5/9/2013

Ok so wtf is going on with this beer? Not only did the price go up the beer is not as good. Freshness is a major concern. This arrived in the Raleigh area last week yet it was packaged in the beginning of April. Founders and tryon distrobution is really dropping the ball. My how the mighty have fallen.
Breakfast stout was not as good
Kbs was laughable this year
Dbl trouble.....

I’m close to giving up on this brewery

Ernesto987
beers 6082 º places 104 º 07:05 Thu 5/9/2013

I Agree easy to get beers taste terrible

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 07:06 Thu 5/9/2013

Originally posted by Ernesto987
I Agree easy to get beers taste terrible

ICEatALAMO
beers 1366 º places 18 º 07:08 Thu 5/9/2013

Saying KBS was laughable this year, is..well....laughable.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 07:08 Thu 5/9/2013

I don’t know, the .rar did not help bolt cutter

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 07:10 Thu 5/9/2013

Originally posted by ICEatALAMO
Saying KBS was laughable this year, is..well....laughable.

This was the first year I tried it, thought it was totally enjoyable beer on all accounts... Barrel was well integrated without too much hottness, bitterness level was right on, that green pepper thing everyone complains about was left to a bare minimum. Gave it a 3.8 so I can’t say I was head over heels in love with it, but it tasted pretty good to me.

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 07:16 Thu 5/9/2013

What I don’t understand is why the dates on the founders beers in the store are so old. The centennial 7/2012. That’s old yes?

I did try the breakfast stout and that was very good.

northernbrews
beers 50 º places 15 º 07:21 Thu 5/9/2013

Didn’t get any Double Trouble...most stores locally only got a case and it sold out instantly. I’ve always dug it in the past but there are other options that are just as good/better that are far less hassle to get.

Only got 1 bottle of KBS (again store only got 1 case). I’ve always just got it to trade as I’ve never been a big fan and again not worth the hassle when stuff like BCS and even Black Note are easier to get and much better.

There’s a ton of Breakfast Stout out this year and I’ve went through a few cases and don’t see any drop off. Surprisingly most of the Founder’s stuff has went up in price but this has dropped. Lots of places in the past few months have had it for $36 a case which is a steal. The bottling was from December but still was quite good.

Besides the Breakfast Stout I’ve bought very little Founder’s over the past few years. I feel there are options locally that are better than their standard lineup and they send very little to the Metro Detroit market for their limited stuff. Seems like they are far more concerned with expanding to new markets and growing tons than hooking up the local markets that got them to where they are. Kind of a bummer since at one point not too long ago they were my favorite brewery. Now I don’t think they’d make it into my top 25.

Avalon68
beers 1 º 07:47 Thu 5/9/2013

We had DT in Philly approximately 7 days after bottling date.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 08:02 Thu 5/9/2013

We have a ton of it left at the store. Pretty sure bottled 3 weeks ago. Tastes like a hoppy burning tire like every year.

Bvdubn
beers 17 º 08:13 Thu 5/9/2013

The prices went up on most of their year round beers this year in part to help them drop the cost of breakfast stout. When it comes out this year we should be able to get a case of breakfast stout cans for around $50. Doesn't it make sense with founders expanding into new markets for them to reduce the cost of a flagship beer and use it to forge their road into said markets?

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone