Grizzly Paw Sours and Barley Wine

Reads 1870 • Replies 24 • Started Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:56:19 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

vacax
13:14 Sun 8/16/2015

I saw a number of these when I stopped in a few weeks ago. I almost bought some. Almost. The comments here support my thoughts at the time they they sounded like attempts at barrel aged beers that became infected. Who intentionally makes a sour wine barrel aged coffee stout? As far as the regular beer lineup was concerned they were proficient I thought.

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 15:15 Sun 8/16/2015

Originally posted by vacax
I saw a number of these when I stopped in a few weeks ago. I almost bought some. Almost. The comments here support my thoughts at the time they they sounded like attempts at barrel aged beers that became infected. Who intentionally makes a sour wine barrel aged coffee stout? As far as the regular beer lineup was concerned they were proficient I thought.

The clue is they aren’t barrel aged. Didn’t try them, but heard the brown was the best of the bunch.

vacax
11:03 Mon 8/17/2015

Originally posted by Hoser

The clue is they aren’t barrel aged. Didn’t try them, but heard the brown was the best of the bunch.

I thought I saw labels for a couple of them said they were aged in some Okanagan valley wine barrels.

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 16:46 Mon 8/17/2015

Originally posted by Hoser

I thought I saw labels for a couple of them said they were aged in some Okanagan valley wine barrels.

Saw some today and there is at least three of them at Willow Park. Hadn’t seen your post at that time but didn’t notice Okanagan Valley wine barrels on the labels. Sure someone will correct and there are bottles of at 3 of them at Willow Park.