Helsinki trip (from Las Vegas) - May 28-29th

Reads 468 • Replies 4 • Started Wednesday, May 18, 2016 11:41:51 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

dwyerpg
beers 10839 º places 38 º 11:41 Wed 5/18/2016

Hello my fellow RateBeerians. I will be arriving in Helsinki on the 28th and leaving the 30th so I have two nights to share beers and hit the town. I will be bringing some local beers from Nevada to give away if anyone is interested (just reply please, so I don’t give them all away in Copenhagen and Stockholm first). Also open to any suggestions of which bars/breweries to check out. Is it possible to pick up anything from Belarus in Finland? It being a relatively nearby country that I am missing. Cheers!

FatPhil
beers 26061 º places 995 º 03:31 Thu 5/19/2016

There’s a macro Belarusian tick sitting in my fridge back home in Tallinn, maybe we can illegally street-tick it! The plan is still to come over to Finland after our current Czech trip.

martjoobolut
beers 9886 º places 734 º 04:40 Thu 5/19/2016

Some other belarusian beers (like Lidskoe Premium) are also easy to get in Estonia. From the quick look at your country ticks, you are also missing Georgia which is easy to get in Estonia (Zedazeni or Khevsuruli). There are also some others that have been widely available in Estonia (Turkey = Efes, Greenland = 69°N Isfjord Hvedeøl, etc), but I’m not sure if they are currently available. Maybe Phil can bring you some of these, if you are interested in country ticks. Ohh and maybe he can bring back Nevada tick to us :)

VastActiv
beers 15705 º places 259 º 05:28 Thu 5/19/2016

Country ticks: Cyprus in Finnish markets (KEO)
Bundeländer ticks: Saarland in Finnish markets (ACDC Beer)

dwyerpg
beers 10839 º places 38 º 12:54 Thu 5/19/2016

I’ll gladly drink any beer from any region I haven’t had. From checking people’s profiles in Sweden I’ve already decided to bring some Idaho beers and possibly New Mexico as well.

Also, glad to hear you’ll be coming over FatPhil! Look forward to sharing a beer.