Hi. I’m AdamChandler

Reads 16343 • Replies 92 • Started Thursday, June 25, 2015 7:49:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 07:49 Thu 6/25/2015

Howdy!

As I change my username on about 50 different sites, I get more and more inquires from people on my change of name from Adam Jackson to Adam Chandler.

Buying the domains AdamChandler.me and AdamChandler.beer were easy steps but getting usernames changed all over the web can be challenging and really piss off Google’s PageRank algorithms.

The social media aspect of the change is a moot point because legally, at least according to the state of New Hampshire, my last name is now Chandler. The Courts and Department of Motor Vehicles are aware of this change. In a week, the Social Security and Passport offices will be hearing from me then the change will be official at my work, on utility bills and my auto-loan.

At least that process is far easier than lobbing off my man-parts along with the name change.

----

Why the change? On the Internet and for sure RateBeer’s premium forums, I haven’t hidden the fact that my Step Father who I met when I was only 1 year old has been my dad as long as I can remember. He’s there for me and is still my best friend. In the last decade, my mom has remarried and and I am the ONLY Jackson in my family. I haven’t spoken to my biological father in years and I don’t know of any other Jacksons except for his kids. Everyone else is out of touch / out of the picture. I don’t even know if my bio-father’s dad is still alive. I truly have zero contact with anyone with a last name of Jackson in my family.

Being the only Jackson in my family for the last 10 years and spending all of my time with my step dad has had me thinking about taking his name. I’ve wanted to since I was 18 but decided to wait a full 10 years. Why? I honestly don’t know. I was apprehensive for some reason. Sort of like I wanted to wait until i was 30 to get a tattoo. A name change is a big decision and a lot of work.

My dad is getting married on Saturday. His 2nd marriage. My sisters share his name and soon a new woman will share his name but he will be the last Male Chandler in his family. His blood is mostly Native American. He was born and raised in Alabama and his grand parents lived off the land with a lot of history, pride and love for our Earth. Him being the last male Chandler of a long lineage has me thinking it’s time to make the change. No he’s not my dad and I don’t have any full 100% siblings..all are half siblings. He’s really the family member I care about most of everyone and this is more for me than it is for him.

So, once his new wife joins his family and his name, I’ll also let him know that I’ve joined after nearly 30 years of our friendship, I’m finally a Chandler.

----

It’s a long road socially and legally to make this change official and common but I hope you can all help me embrace my new name. I’m still the same person. Maybe we can retire Ajax? IDK. Let’s see how it goes.

I am planning a blog post once the process is fully completed.

mkgrenwel
beers 619 º places 117 º 07:58 Thu 6/25/2015

We’ve had it wrong this whole time. You’ve been the hacker known as AChan.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 07:59 Thu 6/25/2015

Hi

we’ve kinda stopped with the blank posts

Travlr
beers 33887 º places 4583 º 08:20 Thu 6/25/2015

Originally posted by Gary
Hi

we’ve kinda stopped with the blank posts

Travlr
beers 33887 º places 4583 º 08:21 Thu 6/25/2015

RIP Adam Jackson. Welcome to the world Adam Chandler.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 08:48 Thu 6/25/2015

Since you never fully embraced Ajax or Adajack, would you be willing to provide input on a shortened nickname? Ad-a-Chan? AChan (apparently this is a hacker?), Andler?

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 08:53 Thu 6/25/2015

achax

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 08:53 Thu 6/25/2015

Pronounce the ch like a j.

b3shine
beers 12184 º places 372 º 09:04 Thu 6/25/2015

I think I speak for everyone on the site when I say thank you for the thorough explanation of your heritage.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 09:52 Thu 6/25/2015

To to be rude here, but is this like a Bruce Jenner thing or wut?

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 09:56 Thu 6/25/2015