I love Weis

Reads 348 • Replies 2 • Started Saturday, January 21, 2017 11:06:06 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 11:06 Sat 1/21/2017

Not to keep bagging on the crappiness of the retail beer market buts its not worthwhile to go to bottle shops in PA with the markups when I live in MD. But WEIS is pretty great. I’ve been to two with beer cafes, both around Lancaster, and the beer selection was different in each, mix-a-six for $12, which is much better than the local bottle shops. The big bottles are all normally priced, as opposed to 10-20% higher than other beer stores.

How common are the beer cafes in Weis supermarkets?

Macegan75
beers 872 º places 31 º 11:48 Sat 1/21/2017

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Not to keep bagging on the crappiness of the retail beer market buts its not worthwhile to go to bottle shops in PA with the markups when I live in MD. But WEIS is pretty great. I’ve been to two with beer cafes, both around Lancaster, and the beer selection was different in each, mix-a-six for $12, which is much better than the local bottle shops. The big bottles are all normally priced, as opposed to 10-20% higher than other beer stores.

How common are the beer cafes in Weis supermarkets?

Personally, I hate Weiss. It is one of the worst grocery store chains in the U.S. I grew up in Berks Co. and we had to be subjected it. I will take Wegman’s any day.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 19:46 Sat 1/21/2017

I meant just for the beer, not the rest of it.