I too have been "Banned"

Reads 9049 • Replies 83 • Started Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:47:48 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SudsMcDuff
beers 8597 º places 190 º 07:45 Thu 5/17/2012

i wear my ratebeer shirt at least once a week.

my ba shirt hasn’t seen the light of day for years..

levifunk
beers 12 º 07:46 Thu 5/17/2012

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 07:52 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by EdKing
Originally posted by Sevenlee
Originally posted by MaltOMeal
Originally posted by CharmCityCrab
Welcome! A lot of us, including myself, have been banned from that other site.

It’s a shame the folks on the other site can take a fun and relaxing hobby like beer and turn into some sort of arbitrary totalitarian thing. Doubly a shame because they have so much exposure in terms of search engine placement and site visits, and actually a pretty cool site design. If they just ran the place more liberally instead of having all the arbitrary deletions and bannings, it might not be a bad place. I remember having fun there when I first started and they turned into a place that I really loath now.

I wish people would realize what’s going on and abandon ship before they personally ran into trouble, but I guess I can’t blame anyone for not doing it. After all, I only jumped ship after I ran into trouble there. ;)

Hopefully this site can bring back some of the fun for you and give you a fresh start.

So, if this is a place for outcasts, is it more like Australia, Gilligan’s Island (I guess they were more castaways than outcasts) or the Island of Misfit Toys?

The funny thing about Australia is the British sent their unwanted people to what is clearly a better country So I do see parallels to BA and Ratebeer

But honestly I found both sites and decided to join this one because the layout, ratings and stats seemed a lot better. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about the "other" site so I guess I’m just one of those people who make excellent choices in life

Cheers ratebeer for being so awesome

Whilst I dare say the weather is certainly better in Australia, I think the beer scene is mainly lager isn’t it? I’ll stick to Blighty thanks.
+1 . I’ll take our culture and craft beer scene in the UK and closeness to mainland europe thanks.

Glouglouburp
beers 6103 º places 423 º 07:56 Thu 5/17/2012

I just don’t trust and website/organization that will accept someone like me as a member

solidfunk
beers 20028 º places 1037 º 08:10 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by Glouglouburp
I just don’t trust and website/organization that will accept someone like me as a member

Groucho Marx?

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 09:00 Thu 5/17/2012

FWIW the wankery and douchebaggery goes back to before they even formed their webbie.

Sevenlee
beers 1845 º places 82 º 09:09 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by Gary
Originally posted by EdKing
Originally posted by Sevenlee
Originally posted by MaltOMeal
Originally posted by CharmCityCrab
Welcome! A lot of us, including myself, have been banned from that other site.

It’s a shame the folks on the other site can take a fun and relaxing hobby like beer and turn into some sort of arbitrary totalitarian thing. Doubly a shame because they have so much exposure in terms of search engine placement and site visits, and actually a pretty cool site design. If they just ran the place more liberally instead of having all the arbitrary deletions and bannings, it might not be a bad place. I remember having fun there when I first started and they turned into a place that I really loath now.

I wish people would realize what’s going on and abandon ship before they personally ran into trouble, but I guess I can’t blame anyone for not doing it. After all, I only jumped ship after I ran into trouble there. ;)

Hopefully this site can bring back some of the fun for you and give you a fresh start.

So, if this is a place for outcasts, is it more like Australia, Gilligan’s Island (I guess they were more castaways than outcasts) or the Island of Misfit Toys?

The funny thing about Australia is the British sent their unwanted people to what is clearly a better country So I do see parallels to BA and Ratebeer

But honestly I found both sites and decided to join this one because the layout, ratings and stats seemed a lot better. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about the "other" site so I guess I’m just one of those people who make excellent choices in life

Cheers ratebeer for being so awesome

Whilst I dare say the weather is certainly better in Australia, I think the beer scene is mainly lager isn’t it? I’ll stick to Blighty thanks.
+1 . I’ll take our culture and craft beer scene in the UK and closeness to mainland europe thanks.

It’s ok guys dont take a joke too seriously and yer we only drink pale lagers just like Americans only drink Bud
Keep in mind, Fosters is actually basically not available in Oz, only you guys drink that shit. Then again we do have VB, Tooheys and Carlton so I guess I can’t say much hehe. However in a city like Melbourne, it’s actually hard to find a place that has those crap lagers as now it’s mainly craft and import stuff.
Granted we’re not going to compete with some of the world’s best but we have a pretty decent scene thats getting better all the time.

fletchfighters
beers 1836 º places 184 º 09:45 Thu 5/17/2012

you must live in Newcastle?????? If in the Entrance I would then be shocked :)
Need to come down to Sydney and meet our little tasting group. We are mostly BA’s but all about sharing good beers and cracking on happy goblin

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 09:49 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by fletchfighters
We are mostly BA’s...

Now you tell me

Sevenlee
beers 1845 º places 82 º 09:52 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by fletchfighters
you must live in Newcastle?????? If in the Entrance I would then be shocked :)
Need to come down to Sydney and meet our little tasting group. We are mostly BA’s but all about sharing good beers and cracking on happy goblin

I DEFINITELY don’t live in Newie I’m from the Central Coast, (not The Entrance but Yarramalong Valley) I’d love to come down to Sydney for a tipple but I live in Rio de Janeiro at the moment so a cab ride home might be a bit pricey.

When I’m next back in Oz Ill drop you a line.