Minnesota is rating Cigar City

Reads 25035 • Replies 226 • Started Saturday, September 19, 2009 9:00:58 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MatSciGuy
beers 924 º 21:19 Sat 9/19/2009

Humidor Jai Alai Cedar Aged is quite nice.

satan165
beers 1021 º places 102 º 21:19 Sat 9/19/2009

maybe your bottles were irradiated with gamma rays
i hope so, because it looks like this minnesota tasting has not gone well tonite

MatSciGuy
beers 924 º 21:21 Sat 9/19/2009

Maybe the yeast doesn’t like flying Northwest?

BDR
beers 2535 º places 61 º 21:22 Sat 9/19/2009

Originally posted by MatSciGuy
Humidor Jai Alai Cedar Aged is quite nice.

That one is awesome!

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 21:23 Sat 9/19/2009

Originally posted by TampaBrew
Originally posted by satan165
ouch on the batch 2 ratings
one of the best beers ive had in 6 months

No joke!

Not trying to flame ratings, but that 3.1 rating scores Capricho #2 and Yuengling Black & Tan the same

Are you seriously complaining that people are rating beer you enjoy too low? People come here to freely post opinions on beers they drink, and they shouldn’t have to fear public backlash because they rate a "well-regarded" beer low. Those are the exact reasons scores on so many beers are inflated anyway: people are afraid to rate them low because of this kind of crap.

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 21:25 Sat 9/19/2009

i hope so, because it looks like this minnesota tasting has not gone well tonite

I’ve had similar experiences with most every CCB I’ve had so far; I just don’t see what all the excitement is about. Nothing bad (besides the saison, which was undrinkable), but they just aren’t the masterful creations I was expecting. I haven’t had any of the heavy hitters yet, but with the way the ratings are for even the normal stuff (Bolita, Jai Alai, etc) I was expecting Alesmith levels of quality, and I found them more on the level of Stone.

gkost
beers 1069 º places 32 º 21:28 Sat 9/19/2009

Originally posted by puzzl
Are you seriously complaining that people are rating beer you enjoy too low? People come here to freely post opinions on beers they drink, and they shouldn’t have to fear public backlash because they rate a "well-regarded" beer low. Those are the exact reasons scores on so many beers are inflated anyway: people are afraid to rate them low because of this kind of crap.

NO, I’m not complaining. Just making an observation. I could care less what someone else rates a beer. I was simply participating in conversation on a forum.

No backlash, just a little surprise. No offense to he rate that I referred to. I figured he voiced and said he did like the Yuengling better. All good an I will leave it at that.

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 21:31 Sat 9/19/2009

I’ve had similar experiences with most every CCB I’ve had so far; I just don’t see what all the excitement is about. Nothing bad (besides the saison, which was undrinkable), but they just aren’t the masterful creations I was expecting. I haven’t had any of the heavy hitters yet, but with the way the ratings are for even the normal stuff (Bolita, Jai Alai, etc) I was expecting Alesmith levels of quality, and I found them more on the level of Stone.

maybe your palate is that of a common rodent, have you considered this?

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 21:32 Sat 9/19/2009

Originally posted by gunhaver

maybe your palate is that of a common rodent, have you considered this?

That’s pretty hilarious coming from you

satan165
beers 1021 º places 102 º 21:34 Sat 9/19/2009

Originally posted by TampaBrew
ouch on the batch 2 ratings
one of the best beers ive had in 6 months

No joke!

Not trying to flame ratings, but that 3.1 rating scores Capricho #2 and Yuengling Black & Tan the same

cmon, that was far from complaining or flaming or anything else. how should a thread be reacted to instead?

if you are worried the ratings on this site are skewed due to public opinion perhaps we should remove the forum altogether