Myanmar/Burma

Reads 383 • Replies 4 • Started Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:48:12 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

alovelydrop
beers 70 º places 97 º 06:48 Thu 1/19/2017

Naturally I’ve checked out what scant info. there is on places, does anyone have any recent intel on whether any decent beer has cropped up in Myanmar lately? The craft scene seems to be thriving (relatively) in other parts of SE Asia, has anything crept into the country yet? Will be visiting Yangon, Bagan and the area around Inle Lake.

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 09:13 Thu 1/19/2017

Myanmar only really opened up to FDI and exposure to the rest of the world in the past 4-5yrs. Its way way behind in craft beer. Bring beer with you is my suggestion.

Tim

left_bank
beers 106 º places 107 º 09:49 Thu 1/19/2017

Writing from Pai and have been in Northern Thailand for the last 7 weeks;I have a few time ran into a traveler who has just crossed the boarder and had conversation about beers on our travels,but have not heard anything encouraging about Myanmar & good beer.

nate2g
beers 1548 º places 1290 º 10:09 Thu 1/19/2017

I’m actually in Myanmar at the moment. There’s a craft brewery opening in Yangon on the 20th January called Burbrit ( https://www.facebook.com/BurbritCraftBrewery/ ). Unfortunately I won’t get back down there to check it out. Otherwise nothing else going on beer wise apart from some places where you can find local beers like Black Shield, ABC Stout and Spirulina Anti-Aging beer on tap.

alovelydrop
beers 70 º places 97 º 10:41 Thu 1/19/2017

Originally posted by nate2g
I’m actually in Myanmar at the moment. There’s a craft brewery opening in Yangon on the 20th January called Burbrit ( https://www.facebook.com/BurbritCraftBrewery/ ). Unfortunately I won’t get back down there to check it out. Otherwise nothing else going on beer wise apart from some places where you can find local beers like Black Shield, ABC Stout and Spirulina Anti-Aging beer on tap.

Awesome this was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for! Looks like the brewery itself is a bit of town but will keep an eye out. Cheers!