Newbie from Beer Ad. here!

Reads 2248 • Replies 17 • Started Sunday, March 9, 2014 7:11:08 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jcwattsrugger
beers 13468 º places 3 º 04:56 Sun 3/23/2014

Originally posted by Travlr

Welcome! Come to a gathering/tasting.

This ^
George Carlin, classic.
Where in Jersey?
I am in Middlesex County.

Welcome

Fritz123
beers 1535 º places 28 º 06:06 Sun 3/23/2014

Welcome and cheers beer friends! I love Ratebeer. Been here for a few years. Lots of awesome traders on here also.

CharmCityCrab
beers 244 º 08:49 Sun 3/23/2014

I normally don’t like George Carlin, but he really nailed that one. Good bit.

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the one true beer rating site to rule them all! ;) I’m another refugee from the place I now refuse to talk about by name less I inadvertently give them free advertising- years ago now. The only thing I miss is that there was a little more chatter there about the more affordable craft beers. I don’t miss getting 50% of my posts deleted and then getting permanently banned by a moderator with a God complex, though. I like that here for the most part what we put up, stays up, and I’m not wasting my time typing stuff that disappears into a void for arbitrary reasons that I can’t anticipate or avoid (Their own interpretation of their own rules on the other site was very inconsistent, and there seems to be a lot of post deletion that was completely at their whim where I honestly would read the rules and couldn’t figure out how any of them could possibly apply to what they had deleted a lot of times- and they wouldn’t even drop me a PM to say "Hey, we’ve deleted a post, here’s why").

Anyway, it’s nicer here. :) Pull up a chair, have a beer!

Welcome: I think you’ll find a few ex-BA types on here, as well as people like myself who use both. My beer review/rating database is the same on both sites. I rarely post on the other site though, I too had issues with Todd and his team: and I’m a passive Brit who thought joining a North American beer site would be a hoot!

<*))))))><

NeoHippie2
beers 1074 º places 51 º 20:09 Sun 5/4/2014

Welcome! This is a great beer community!

andrepintado
beers 3998 º places 125 º 08:51 Mon 5/5/2014

Welcome!!