Notice that BA is under attack

Reads 4886 • Replies 30 • Started Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:18:24 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

presario
beers 4914 º places 150 º 14:18 Thu 7/2/2009

Signed up to follow RB on twitter and saw all the notices about an attack and back ups at BA. Hopefully they come through as clean as RB. Hate to think anyone would lose stored ratings.

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 14:22 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by presario
Signed up to follow RB on twitter and saw all the notices about an attack and back ups at BA. Hopefully they come through as clean as RB. Hate to think anyone would lose stored ratings.

We were talking about it in chat last night, as we were having trouble getting on forums over there. From the twitter account for BA it sounds like it wasn’t aimed at BA, but at their host, so that’s a good sign at least. Here’s to hoping their down time isn’t as rough as ours was a few months back. And... hopefully we can all be as gracious as they were when we were without a home for a while. I know a lot of us use both sites, and the beer community in general is pretty great.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:25 Thu 7/2/2009

A DDoS is significantly different from what we experienced here though.

Once the host resolves or blocks all the floods of traffic the "Hacker" is sending from his unit and all the compromised units he has taken under control, the attack should resolve itself.

We were actually getting burned by malicious code insertion and the resulting scripts, I believe.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 14:38 Thu 7/2/2009

This is why descriptive thread titles work better

Cedromar
beers 2 º places 1 º 15:11 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
This is why descriptive thread titles work better

Yeah...my bad.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 15:31 Thu 7/2/2009

Best wishes to them... and good news that all the data is safe. If these problems drag on a refuge thread is definitely in order.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 19:01 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by dkachur
Best wishes to them... and good news that all the data is safe. If these problems drag on a refuge thread is definitely in order.

Here here! My current thoughts are along that line.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 19:36 Thu 7/2/2009

They’ve only been down a day but yes. Whatever we can do, I’m all for it.

matta
beers 1140 º places 91 º 19:44 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by joet

They’ve only been down a day but yes. Whatever we can do, I’m all for it.

Ok then… I suggest we drink a beer on their behalf!

BitterHippo
22:08 Thu 7/2/2009

I just want to say "hello" to the RB world...I am seeking some refuge here right now while BA is experienceing it’s issues. I hope you can accept me as one of your own...BitterPachyderm for those of you, "in the know."

Cheeers!

Mason J.

JoeMcPhee
beers 12092 º places 543 º 22:10 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by BitterHippo
I just want to say "hello" to the RB world...I am seeking some refuge here right now while BA is experienceing it’s issues. I hope you can accept me as one of your own...BitterPachyderm for those of you, "in the know."

Cheeers!

Mason J.

Welcome and spend as much time here as you want.