Quick Toronto trip

Reads 1110 • Replies 17 • Started Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:25:04 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jamestulloch
beers 8643 º places 10 º 16:10 Thu 1/26/2017

You absolutely must go to Bellwoods. Their IPAs in particular are superb. It can get busy though, so worth bearing in mind when choosing your day and time to visit. Beerbistro and Bar Hop are worth going to as well, but Bellwoods was the highlight of my visit last summer.

jamestulloch
beers 8643 º places 10 º 16:14 Thu 1/26/2017

I forgot to mention Folly Brewpub - their own beers (many of which were Belgian influenced) were good as was their food. I also tried Amsterdam BrewHouse, which I thought was just ok - very busy, decent beers, average food.

JoeMcPhee
beers 12101 º places 543 º 19:11 Thu 1/26/2017

I love the food and beer at Folly and Burdock. If you’re looking for selection, the Bar Hops really are the way to go and they do samples which is nice. They can get crowded in the evening, but they are awesome spots for some day drinking if that’s your jam. I’ll agree with everyone’s comments about Bellwoods - you can’t go wrong. Enjoy the trip.

Originally posted by lampeno420
Originally posted by CapFlu
You looking at moving to Canada because of Trump?

Well without getting into that too much i wouldn’t be opposed ;)
Seems like it’s harder to be a citizen then once thought
I’m not sure that we (Americans) should be allowed to visit (and certainly not move to) another country during the Trump presidency. As we have seen, stupidity is contagious!

lampeno420
beers 320 º places 11 º 04:53 Sat 1/28/2017

This is awesome, thanks for all the advice everyone I’m really looking forward to check as much out as we can. Cheers!

CH-303
beers 4551 º places 137 º 13:42 Sat 1/28/2017

Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
I’m not sure that we (Americans) should be allowed to visit (and certainly not move to) another country during the Trump presidency. As we have seen, stupidity is contagious!

adamnowek
beers 7151 º places 117 º 16:52 Sat 1/28/2017

Haven’t been to Toronto in about a year and a half, but I’m hopeful that this list is still relevant:

Bellwoods
Dundas Video (Ontarian tallboys, four different old-school videogame systems, and dozens of games!)
Indie Alehouse
WVRST
Burdock
Beerbistro
Northwood
Grand Electric (tacos!)
Steam Whistle (take the tour and get a cool bottle opener!)