Ratebeer android app

Reads 6077 • Replies 52 • Started Saturday, October 1, 2016 7:33:24 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MonsterMagnet
beers 1955 º places 15 º 13:51 Thu 10/6/2016

Originally posted by erickok
Originally posted by Stuu666
I have the same problem so will try logging in again. One thing I’d like to see fixed is that when the app displays search results it no longer marks the beers you have rated. Gets a bit tedious loading every single beer to see if I have a rating there.

That’s a bug on the RateBeer side of things. It’s the API that no longer supplies this data, suddenly. I will shoot him a message.
Any news on this issue?

Inbreak
beers 9950 º 11:45 Tue 11/1/2016

Suddenly happened to me as well yesterday, anything i tried doing in the app that requested downloading data, I just got lots of connection error messages and nothing happened. Logged out and logged inn again and everything worked fin again. For how long....?

Inbreak
beers 9950 º 16:35 Tue 11/1/2016

That lasted for one beer, then the app won’t upload the next, even though everything else seems to work. When I check the web page, I see the rating is uploaded after all, even though the app shows it as offline and refuses to upload it. Crap-app!

Jashiu
beers 1404 º places 21 º 04:56 Wed 11/2/2016

When I’ve experienced that problem happening to me yesterday I tried rebooting the app (killing it and starting it again) - with no success. Then I’ve logged into web app on the mobile web browser and pasted the review manually.

Any success with resolving this issue without such a crude workaround?

MonsterMagnet
beers 1955 º places 15 º 05:24 Wed 11/2/2016

Originally posted by Jashiu
When I’ve experienced that problem happening to me yesterday I tried rebooting the app (killing it and starting it again) - with no success. Then I’ve logged into web app on the mobile web browser and pasted the review manually.

Any success with resolving this issue without such a crude workaround?
Have you tried logging off and logging on again in the app? That worked for me.

deanso
beers 16606 º places 1100 º 06:48 Thu 11/3/2016

Originally posted by MonsterMagnet
No issues here, but when I had this previously logging off and on in thee the app helped.

Thanks :-) That fixed the problem for me! Should have thought of that myself. Thanks again

Zlotta
beers 8951 º places 477 º 08:56 Thu 12/1/2016

I tried to upload my offline ratings from the app but it doesn’t work. I have that problem since yesterday evening. Then I logged out and tried to log in again, but now I cannot login anymore. It says that username or PW are wrong but they are not. Now I cannot not even see my offline ratings and enter them manually.

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 09:00 Thu 12/1/2016

We are still not getting ratings back marked as rated or not,

Joe is someone looking at this. As its makes the app very tricky to use

nilsas
beers 9343 º places 322 º 09:31 Thu 12/1/2016

I stoped long time a go using the app. Sorry to say but I did find it useless for its purpose.
I am using web on my phone and that works good enough for me. The app I have sadly given up hope about.

Koelschtrinker
beers 28835 º places 22 º 10:33 Thu 12/1/2016

Originally posted by Zlotta
I tried to upload my offline ratings from the app but it doesn’t work. I have that problem since yesterday evening. Then I logged out and tried to log in again, but now I cannot login anymore. It says that username or PW are wrong but they are not. Now I cannot not even see my offline ratings and enter them manually.

Same here