RateBeer Best/RBWG: Much buzz in SoCal?

Reads 797 • Replies 8 • Started Friday, December 4, 2015 1:42:03 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 13:42 Fri 12/4/2015

Do we need coasters or ads or ticket giveaways down there?

If so, what bars or breweries should we target? I’ll be coming down in a couple weeks and will be taking the RateBeer tour bus loading with goodies.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 13:55 Fri 12/4/2015

High traffic places that score well on RateBeer for sure. Is there a top 50 CA beers list? I cant find it.

near your OC stomping grounds:
Bruery
Bottle Logic
Beachwood BBQ

in SD if you’re going that far:
Pizza Ports
AleSmith
Ballast Point
Lost Abbey
Stone
also some of the newer ones that have geek cred like
Council
Toolbox
Bagby
Belching Beaver
Oceanside AleWorks

High traffic beer bars could be a good idea too

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 13:58 Fri 12/4/2015

Definitely worth coming down to the new Ballast Point and AleSmith locations if you haven’t already been. Shoot me a message if you do, they’re are just a few miles from my house.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 14:04 Fri 12/4/2015

Originally posted by blipp
Definitely worth coming down to the new Ballast Point and AleSmith locations if you haven’t already been. Shoot me a message if you do, they’re are just a few miles from my house.

Don’t forget Reckless Brewing

And Joe, if you need a tour of Riverside let me know. We have some amazing breweries out here. Area 51, Sons of Liberty, Thompson, Chino Valley, Donkey Punch, Brew Rebellion. All great.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 14:09 Fri 12/4/2015

Noble Ale Works.

BeerandBlues2
beers 20243 º places 1224 º 00:13 Sat 12/5/2015

Originally posted by joet
Do we need coasters or ads or ticket giveaways down there?

If so, what bars or breweries should we target? I’ll be coming down in a couple weeks and will be taking the RateBeer tour bus loading with goodies.
Let me know when you are down here; I can help you in San Diego if it is after the 19th. I am heading to Germany for the next two weeks.

ChazMania
beers 669 º places 13 º 10:27 Mon 12/7/2015

If you come to North County for Bagby or nearby, I’d love to meet up for a pint.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 11:57 Mon 12/7/2015

Right on. Thanks for all info and offers.

I may be going down to SD for a business meeting. Hopefully that’s quick and I can hit some of these newer SD places and have time to trek back through Bobbyland as well.

Maybe I can drop a stack of coasters at Modern Times and Alpine.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 12:38 Mon 12/7/2015

Originally posted by joet
Right on. Thanks for all info and offers.

I may be going down to SD for a business meeting. Hopefully that’s quick and I can hit some of these newer SD places and have time to trek back through Bobbyland as well.

Maybe I can drop a stack of coasters at Modern Times and Alpine.

Wait, are you actually going to Riverside? If so,