RateBeerians of the Year Awards 2013 Winners!

Reads 5689 • Replies 33 • Started Friday, January 3, 2014 8:25:33 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 08:25 Fri 1/3/2014

Hello everyone. Thanks to all who voted in this year’s awards. In almost every category, the winner and runner-up were separated by almost 2 to 1 in votes so basically, every winner won by a huge margin. The closest category was Meme of the year followed by OTMer of the year.

Results:

1. Ratebeerian:
Winner: Walt, Runner-Up: Pepsican

2. Trader:
Winner: Homer321, Runner-Up: StFun

3. New Member:
Winner: Pinkie, Runner-Up: ScottPurchase

4. Admin:
Winner: JoeT, Runner-Up: 3Fourths

5. Lifetime Achievement:
Winner: Walt, Runner-Up: Tied between Daknole and
Fiulijn @ 10.34% each

6. Thread:
Winner: "Washer/Dryer", Runner-Up: "Is Fate(AZ) Killing it?"

7. Rating:
Winner: ScottPurchase, Runner-Up: Honest_silu

8. Meme:
Winner: Boosting, Runner-Up: CIB

9. OTLer:
Winner: Pepsican, Runner-Up: Adnielsen

10. OTMer:
Winner: Joet, Runner-Up: Sethdude

11. Troll:
Winner: Godofthecellar, Runner-Up: RavinVA

Walt obviously won in a few categories but as others have agreed, he should be recognized overall for his monumental contributions to this community over the years. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to meet him and can’t possibly put the words here appropriately but it’s clear in the nomination and voting thread that everyone felt Walt should receive his own special recognition. He was also voted Ratebeerian of the year and Lifetime Achievement award.

----

The voting was powered by SurveyMonkey and results were calculated automatically. GT2 received a PDF version of the results with voting break down but I am responsible if any errors were made. I, the survey executioner did not vote in this but I did make nominations which were included in the voting.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 08:27 Fri 1/3/2014

Winners, please PM me if you have any interest in a custom avatar to show off for winning in your category.

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 08:39 Fri 1/3/2014

Wow! Congratulations to all the nominees and all the winners and thank you for voting for me. I am honored and of course I want a special avatar. =)

I promise to do a good job and represent ratebeer in the classiest manner possible. Thank you guys so much. Cheers.

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 08:41 Fri 1/3/2014

Did my votes for Turbo not count or something?

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 08:48 Fri 1/3/2014

i don’t care being labeled Troll of the Year, but GodOfTheCellar is a legitimate user who I don’t think has ever posted a trolling post and has only himself been trolled by other users. Kind of a bummer to see him labeled as such.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 08:51 Fri 1/3/2014

Originally posted by RABinVA
i don’t care being labeled Troll of the Year, but GodOfTheCellar is a legitimate user who I don’t think has ever posted a trolling post and has only himself been trolled by other users. Kind of a bummer to see him labeled as such.

This.

Some of these awards are unnecessary, not really sure why its allowed to call out specific users for things for awards, when its not allowed anywhere else on the site. Troll of the year isn’t exactly complimentary.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 08:52 Fri 1/3/2014

Rab, take that up with people who nominated him. The nominations were all done in public. If you had a problem with joel being nominated, you should have raised that issue at that time, not when nominations completed and voting completed. Too late.

dcschiller
beers 2208 º places 45 º 08:57 Fri 1/3/2014

Originally posted by blipp
Did my votes for Turbo not count or something?

You should have voted for him as often as he voted for himself last year.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 10:21 Fri 1/3/2014

I wish an admin would clean this thread up. This was about celebrating the best of RateBeer in 2013....the people nominated, the people voted. What’s more community than that?

Congrats everyone who won. Regarding avatars, I’m working on them but it may be monday before I can send them to you.

b3shine
beers 12184 º places 372 º 10:22 Fri 1/3/2014

On a more positive note, I think it would be great if someone close to Walt and his family informed them of his awards. I think the awards, and more importantly what they represent and the lasting impact he’s had on the lives of ratebeer members, would be welcomed with open arms by a family that had to have a very difficult holiday season being without him for the first time.

legion242
beers 2345 º places 122 º 10:33 Fri 1/3/2014

Originally posted by b3shine
On a more positive note, I think it would be great if someone close to Walt and his family informed them of his awards. I think the awards, and more importantly what they represent and the lasting impact he’s had on the lives of ratebeer members, would be welcomed with open arms by a family that had to have a very difficult holiday season being without him for the first time.

+1
I’ll let his cousin know and she can pass it along.