RBSG 2011 Hotel/Grand Tasting Info

Reads 12439 • Replies 89 • Started Sunday, April 3, 2011 5:34:55 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

kramer
17:34 Sun 4/3/2011

The hotel has been selected!!

Best Western Center City
501 North 22nd St.
Philadelphia, PA

215-568-8300

Rates are $119 + tax (2 double beds), King beds are available @ $125

Reference number: 1435

All reservations must be made directly thru the hotel at the above number. They are reserving 25 rooms for Friday and Saturday nights. Those wishing to arrive early or stay later should be able to get the same rate, but I will confirm this on Monday.

Parking: on site overnight parking is free to all guests of the hotel. This is the only hotel in center city to offer this. Parking generally runs in the $20 range within the city.

They have agreed to allow us the use of their ’Rodin Room’ on Saturday evening from 6pm to 12am at no charge, provided we place an order for food thru the hotel. Menu is still being worked on but will be finger foods (fresh fruit, cheese, veggies, wings, mini egg rolls, soft pretzels, things like that) and will be in the area of $10-15 per person. There is a hotel bar/restaurant across from the room we will be in if anyone would like to purchase food as well.

While the location is not quite as ’center city’ as I would have liked, they offered us the best rate (by $30), free meeting space ($350-500 elsewhere), free parking, and aren’t charging us a corkage fee ($500+ at some other locations). While some energetic folks can still walk to some locations, a short cab ride might be the best option.

I would encourage anyone with even a *chance* of attending to make a reservation ASAP, as this weekend is the same time as a big bike race in nearby Manayunk, and this is a ’participating’ hotel for the event. They WILL sell out for the weekend.

I hope to have a great turnout among locals as well as out of town people. Post here with any questions and I will answer them as quickly as possible. It would also be great if you could post here when you make a reservation to keep the buzz going.

Cheers!

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 17:53 Sun 4/3/2011

I’m booked. I’m coming in on the 2nd. I plan on opening some nice bottles that night if others are coming in early.

MaxxDaddy
beers 415 º places 32 º 19:12 Sun 4/3/2011

Trying to book a room but the reference number isn’t working. My only options are "Promotion Code" or "Corporate Account #." 1435 doesn’t work for either of those options. Do we need to call?

kramer
19:23 Sun 4/3/2011

Originally posted by MaxxDaddy
Trying to book a room but the reference number isn’t working. My only options are "Promotion Code" or "Corporate Account #." 1435 doesn’t work for either of those options. Do we need to call?

Yes, all reservations need to go thru the actual hotel, so you will need to call. I also have an email address for my contact at the hotel if anyone would prefer to use that method. Just drop me a beermail for that info.

VertBaconStrips
beers 2445 º places 4 º 19:37 Sun 4/3/2011

What is the plan for after 12... or however long that gets stretched out?

kramer
19:50 Sun 4/3/2011

Originally posted by Vertical Bacon Strips
What is the plan for after 12... or however long that gets stretched out?

Well, if you’re not totally blotto after 6 hours of pub crawling followed by 6 hours of a Grand Tasting, you can feel free to grab a cab and hit up a bar, Monk’s Cafe will still be going strong at midnight.

I’ll be drunk and in bed I would imagine.

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 20:16 Sun 4/3/2011

Made a reservation, but the guy who took it couldn’t seem to find "ratebeer summer gathering" "RBSG" anything under "1435". He did give me the group rate I quoted him from here though, so all seems well for now. I’ll probably call back later in the week or so once I figure out a little better which day I’ll be arriving, and who I’ll be splitting das room with.

kramer
20:21 Sun 4/3/2011

Originally posted by j12601
Made a reservation, but the guy who took it couldn’t seem to find "ratebeer summer gathering" "RBSG" anything under "1435". He did give me the group rate I quoted him from here though, so all seems well for now. I’ll probably call back later in the week or so once I figure out a little better which day I’ll be arriving, and who I’ll be splitting das room with.

I will call first thing in the morning to make sure my contact has communicated everything with the desk staff. I know she was out of the office Friday afternoon and emailing me from the road. I wanted to get the info out asap.

zdk
beers 1917 º places 96 º 21:02 Sun 4/3/2011

still trying to figure out rooming arrangements, but will reserve tomorrow at the latest. (this came up more quickly than I expected).

Very excited though.

ygtbsm94
beers 13 º places 1 º 21:19 Sun 4/3/2011

Got mine!

Thanks Jason for setting everything up.

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 21:57 Sun 4/3/2011

The guy had a hard time finding the information for me too. He found it under "RB Summer Gathering". Hope that helps.