RBWG

Reads 7447 • Replies 132 • Started Sunday, November 20, 2011 6:52:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

So do we need to add this to the events calendar? People are starting to ask. Still lots to plan though.

Would we need a van/bus that would hold more than 30 people?

MaltOMeal
beers 1094 º places 46 º 21:31 Wed 12/28/2011

Originally posted by ericandersnavy
So do we need to add this to the events calendar? People are starting to ask. Still lots to plan though.

yes, if you have lined up a weekend that fits with all stops you have planned.

MaltOMeal
beers 1094 º places 46 º 21:33 Wed 12/28/2011

Would we need a van/bus that would hold more than 30 people?

No. One of those shuttle buses will hold up to about 30 and I don’t think more than that RSVPed last year. Besides that, some of those from TX that drove will want to carpool, anyway.

MaltOMeal
beers 1094 º places 46 º 21:35 Wed 12/28/2011

So what is the deal here fellas? I have been so crazy busy lately that I haven’t been able to look at much stuff.

I apologize for dropping off like I did. December was brutal busy at work and outside work.

MaltOMeal
beers 1094 º places 46 º 22:54 Wed 12/28/2011

You have a shitload of places on your map. Do you really plan on making them all?

MaltOMeal
beers 1094 º places 46 º 23:00 Wed 12/28/2011

Are you including any food stops in the itinerary or is it strictly drinking places? You don’t have to include every brew place on the map in this one event, ya’ know.

Originally posted by MaltOMeal
Are you including any food stops in the itinerary or is it strictly drinking places? You don’t have to include every brew place on the map in this one event, ya’ know.

The map is just a list of places that are willing to accommodate us in some form or fashion. I do not intend on hitting every single one. Places with food are a must. freetail....jester king usually invites some food place out to their tours.

The hard part is finding an affordable bus/charter service. I wonder if any will do a veteran or student discount?

jenray
places 24 º 06:11 Thu 12/29/2011

What kind of prices are you finding for vans/buses? In Phoenix they just rented a 15 person van and charged everyone $20 to cover the cost. I’m sure those big charter buses are much more, but still, if each person pays $20 or $30, does that not at least get close to covering it? And you will need to start a sign up thread for who wants to go on the bus tour so you will know how many people to expect before you know what sized van/bus you will need to rent. Maybe you have already done this, but go back and look at past RBWG or RBSG threads to see how they have handled the bus reservations for ideas.

In the past I think the official gathering threads with the info, schedule, etc have been in the beer travel forum. Do you guys plan on starting a thread there soon?

I’m not from Austin but I’d really like to see your event go well. If you need some help that can be done from here in Houston, just let me know - I’d be happy to pitch in!

Anyone that has time to make some phone calls for a charter service or hotels would be cool. the big charter buses run at least 700, so that is not much of an option, IMO.