Reading The Label

Reads 323 • Replies 1 • Started Sunday, September 17, 2017 11:14:08 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

milewide
beers 2704 º places 30 º 11:14 Sun 9/17/2017

When you see a new brew, what information, and in what order, do you look for on the label?

Mine:

1) Brewer---If it is Corona I won't even pick up the bottle!
2) Brand---Ditto with anything that says Light.
3) Style---Ugh to Blond!
4) ABV---9% is my cutoff. I would rather drink 2 in the 4+ range than one at double the ABV.
5) Best By---I'll follow the brewer's recommendation.
6) Price---I'll pay almost anything to try a brew that passes the above criteria!

BTW, country and state are of no importance to me. I'm a free trader who buys the best and expects all companies to keep up.

Your opinions?

OnTheTrail
beers 1271 º places 37 º 12:11 Sun 9/17/2017

country and state matter, because I want to tick countries and states I haven't had. Plus while I dont drink local only, my goal is to get my Va Dc Md beers up to 50% of my US beers.

I prefer drinking small independent, but will happily drink "big craft" and will drink big beer if it's a tick I must have.
I am currently boycotting Yuengling, and Russia, would would prefer not to take this off topic.
I like a range of styles. I generally don't like light lagers, but did enjoy Narragansett. And they are usually the easiest way to get country ticks.