Seattle Jan 13 - 21

Reads 2513 • Replies 38 • Started Tuesday, December 13, 2016 7:33:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 13:54 Wed 2/15/2017

Originally posted by chicowv
Love following this and other Seattle threads as I am going to be in town next week with my family.

With that said...are there any specific Kid-friendly pubs in town and or places I should avoid considering I will have my two young sons with me.

Somebody who has kids can probably offer a better list, but I’d start here:

Chuck’s Hop Shop (Central District or "CD" location is slightly better, both feature food trucks)

They’re decidedly kid-friendly and family-friendly; they even offer ice cream. They have a really ambitious tap list and tons of bottles. If you want to get a good sense of what’s tasty locally with kids in tow, that’s where I’d start.

andrewje41
beers 7597 º places 142 º 18:46 Wed 2/15/2017

Originally posted by after4ever
Love following this and other Seattle threads as I am going to be in town next week with my family.

With that said...are there any specific Kid-friendly pubs in town and or places I should avoid considering I will have my two young sons with me.

Somebody who has kids can probably offer a better list, but I’d start here:

Chuck’s Hop Shop (Central District or "CD" location is slightly better, both feature food trucks)

They’re decidedly kid-friendly and family-friendly; they even offer ice cream. They have a really ambitious tap list and tons of bottles. If you want to get a good sense of what’s tasty locally with kids in tow, that’s where I’d start.

Nailed it

chicowv
beers 477 º places 7 º 11:51 Fri 2/17/2017

That sounds awesome!

What about Fremont or Cloudburst?

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 12:20 Fri 2/17/2017

That sounds awesome!

What about Fremont or Cloudburst?

I *think* Fremont allows kids, never seen a kid in Cloudburst. Both very necessary breweries to sample.

Same goes for Holy Mountain, which is 21+ and bottles only very limited amounts. Reuben’s and Stoup round out the list of can’t-miss breweries, and I am not sure if they are 21+.

Probably check their websites?

andrewje41
beers 7597 º places 142 º 10:00 Sat 2/18/2017

Stoup and Fremont allow kids. Cloudburst does not.

luttonm
beers 7592 º places 248 º 14:23 Mon 2/20/2017

Reuben’s allows kids, at least for some hours of the day. They’ve got kiddo supplies (games, drawing paper) in the back corner by the restrooms and barrels

chicowv
beers 477 º places 7 º 19:52 Mon 3/6/2017

Thank you all for the tips. I only ended up being able to hit Cloutburst and then pick up a few things at bottle shops and grocery stores along the way. Clouburst was really good though and one of my favorite beers in general was the Fremont spring seasonal IPA.

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 10:15 Tue 3/7/2017

Thank you all for the tips. I only ended up being able to hit Cloutburst and then pick up a few things at bottle shops and grocery stores along the way. Clouburst was really good though and one of my favorite beers in general was the Fremont spring seasonal IPA.

That’s cool you were able to at least get a taste of the scene here--not easy with kids in tow.