Snallygaster 2016

Reads 3032 • Replies 55 • Started Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:37:13 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

radagast83
beers 12460 º places 427 º 08:37 Tue 9/13/2016

Just an open thread for those attending.

Who’s going?
VIP or not?

They did a Google Sheet this year! All 350 beers.

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 09:17 Tue 9/13/2016

I’ll be on the road.

beastiefan2k
beers 5013 º places 294 º 12:09 Tue 9/13/2016

Festivals with ticket systems often turn me off. Is 1 ticket good for 1 beer or is each beer a certain amount of tickets? I guess I want to know how far 30 tickets will get me?

Will $35 get me like 4 beers?

radagast83
beers 12460 º places 427 º 12:17 Tue 9/13/2016

This is more like an outdoor Churchkey event that just happens to have at least one person dedicated to pouring 2 beers at a time.

1 ticket = $1

I’d say on average a beer will run 3/4 tickets for a taster (4oz) to 6-8 for a full pour.

I’m not sure how many area festivals are ticket free. Most have some kind of ticketing system around here, and almost all of them are horribly overcrowded. SAVOR is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. It comes with a steep price tag and is still pretty crowded.

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 12:35 Tue 9/13/2016

Originally posted by radagast83
This is more like an outdoor Churchkey event that just happens to have at least one person dedicated to pouring 2 beers at a time.

1 ticket = $1

I’d say on average a beer will run 3/4 tickets for a taster (4oz) to 6-8 for a full pour.

I’m not sure how many area festivals are ticket free. Most have some kind of ticketing system around here, and almost all of them are horribly overcrowded. SAVOR is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. It comes with a steep price tag and is still pretty crowded.

best to do festivals far from DC, in general

solidfunk
beers 20047 º places 1037 º 15:07 Tue 9/13/2016

Who all is in? I’m going to try to remember to bring a sharpie or some post it notes so we remember what beers are what this time

solidfunk
beers 20047 º places 1037 º 15:07 Tue 9/13/2016

and I’m VIP btw

radagast83
beers 12460 º places 427 º 16:05 Tue 9/13/2016

Originally posted by solidfunk
Who all is in? I’m going to try to remember to bring a sharpie or some post it notes so we remember what beers are what this time

+1 for the sharpie and post-it notes (so we’re covered for whatever weather we might get).

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 16:36 Tue 9/13/2016

+1 for the sharpie and post-it notes (so we’re covered for whatever weather we might get).

the standard was set at Max’s Belgian Fest some years back. I believe ryan started the trend. We parked at a big table and people came and went all day all night. MrChopin was a witness. I doubt his memory and consciousness were intact enough for him to remember though

radagast83
beers 12460 º places 427 º 16:44 Tue 9/13/2016

Originally posted by Travlr

the standard was set at Max’s Belgian Fest some years back. I believe ryan started the trend. We parked at a big table and people came and went all day all night. MrChopin was a witness. I doubt his memory and consciousness were intact enough for him to remember though
We’ve done that at Snallygaster - though it’s usually been raining which made for a pretty miserable experience, except for seeing solidfunk use a folding chair as an umbrella.

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 17:00 Tue 9/13/2016

Originally posted by Travlr

We’ve done that at Snallygaster - though it’s usually been raining which made for a pretty miserable experience, except for seeing solidfunk use a folding chair as an umbrella.

better use indelible ink. and spring for a British style brollie. or maybe a golf umbrella