Stateside Craft

Reads 692 • Replies 6 • Started Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:08:17 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Crit
beers 5022 º places 159 º 20:08 Sun 6/19/2016

I met my son at Stateside Craft for father’s day.. it was a disaster. The first beer I had was seriously flawed, it had turned to vinegar. I was told "it is supposed to taste like that" As a retired beer judge and beer consultant, I know better. Stateside Craft used to have 40 taps, 35 of which were American. Today they had only 21, and only 6 or 7 American. They also have no brunch menu anymore either. I haven’t been there in a while;this place has seriously gone downhill.

mcberko
admin
beers 42066 º places 3124 º 11:32 Mon 6/20/2016

Yeah, that place wasn’t very impressive even upon opening. Now it’s a total joke. I popped in just for a peak the other day and saw what you described... tons of blanks on the boards, a shitty selection of generic US beers, and a bunch of crappy BC beers (East Van Brewing) to fill up some spaces.

Crit
beers 5022 º places 159 º 20:41 Mon 6/20/2016

The beer in question was Scuttlebutt Nocino Porter. Alex thought the same as me in an earlier rating. Matt the brewer at Scuttlebutt sent me this today. "I appreciate your constructive feedback. You are correct, the Nocino should be a hint tart but not sour at all... Can I prevail upon you to let me know what restaurant you had the beer at? I want to contact my distributor to have the beer pulled right away.

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 07:47 Tue 6/21/2016

The bar has been for sale for quite a while. I think they are doing the bare minimum to cover expenses.

Crit
beers 5022 º places 159 º 12:56 Tue 6/21/2016

Originally posted by Ferris
The bar has been for sale for quite a while. I think they are doing the bare minimum to cover expenses.

Good to know, thanks !!

fiulijn
beers 28373 º places 745 º 00:49 Thu 6/23/2016

Originally posted by Crit

Good to know, thanks !!

Why? You are going to buy it???
I suggest to hire Ferris as beer consultant, he will surely be able to improve the quality at Stateside.

Crit
beers 5022 º places 159 º 12:51 Fri 6/24/2016

Originally posted by fiulijn
Originally posted by Crit

Good to know, thanks !!

Why? You are going to buy it???
I suggest to hire Ferris as beer consultant, he will surely be able to improve the quality at Stateside.

No, I’m going to avoid it !!