STL RB Gathering, Part II

Reads 2748 • Replies 14 • Started Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:04:26 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 10:04 Wed 1/25/2012

Anyone looking for a low-key alternative to Soulard Mardi Gras? I’m going to have another STL RB tasting, this time on Friday, February 17th. No specific theme, but I would like to open a bunch of the things I meant to open last time (Pisgah Valdez and Vortex, Hill Farmstead Arthur and Birth of Tragedy, DFH Bitches Brew, TJ Vintage vertical, etc.) along with some new ones (such as Square One Sour Cherry, for all of us who haven’t had it yet). I’m also thinking that because of how generous all of you were last time, try not to bring more than 2 bottles/person this time around and we can get into my cellar a bit more.

Same place- unless someone has a better place in mind. We’ll say anytime after 6:30. We can also order some pizzas again, so let me know if you’re coming and will be eating.

I’m posting this in the St. Louis, Great Plains, and Great Lakes forum to make sure everyone in the Metro and surrounding areas see it. All RBians welcome!

I’ll post the link to the Event here soon.

Cheers,
Peter

Keir
beers 183 º places 1 º 07:05 Thu 1/26/2012

I think we are a go as well. Geri’s b-day is the following day and we are headed to 2nd Shift’s cask fest. A beer weekend.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 08:31 Thu 1/26/2012

Keir
beers 183 º places 1 º 09:10 Thu 2/2/2012

Out. Too much going on that weekend. I’ll be at the next one.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 10:08 Thu 2/2/2012

Originally posted by Keir

Boo.

Well, actually, FINE BY ME! Now we don’t have to order vegetarian pizza.

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 10:29 Thu 2/2/2012

Originally posted by phaleslu
Originally posted by Keir

Boo.

Well, actually, FINE BY ME! Now we don’t have to order vegetarian pizza.

So, I guess I better eat before going.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 10:36 Thu 2/2/2012

Originally posted by bsuedekum
Do we have a spreadsheet going on this tasting yet? This thread is in several spots so didn’t know if I’m missing the link if there is one.

Birchstick had put one together for the last event. I’ll send him a message to fire it up again if he ever gets a chance. I know he’s working long hours these days so hopefully he can.

If not, we can just post in this thread. Remember my limit, people. I want to provide most of the beer this time around.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 10:37 Thu 2/2/2012

Originally posted by vyvvy

Whoops, forgot about that, vyvvy. For you- anything. Not for Keir. We can order whatever you guys want once you show up.

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 10:51 Thu 2/2/2012

Originally posted by phaleslu
Originally posted by vyvvy

Whoops, forgot about that, vyvvy. For you- anything. Not for Keir. We can order whatever you guys want once you show up.

I generally eat before going. But I couldn’t pass up giving you a bit of hassle.

Keir
beers 183 º places 1 º 15:20 Wed 2/8/2012

Will that Black Note be popped, Peter? If so, Geri and I may pop in after our "date." ;-)
It’s her 39th birthday weekend and I know a beer tasting for me is not what she is hoping for.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 08:23 Tue 2/14/2012

Bump for this event. I put an update on the St. Louis forum: http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/st-louis-rb-gathering-part-ii_191082.htm

And here’s the event page: http://www.ratebeer.com/event/16518/stl-ratebeer-gathering-ii/