Suggestions for a good spot for a beer and food near the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal?

Reads 434 • Replies 9 • Started Friday, December 16, 2016 7:24:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 19:24 Fri 12/16/2016

We will have a car and the final destination is Qualicum Beach if anyone has suggestions for that part of the island?

Thanks
Mike

CapFlu
beers 5136 º places 238 º 20:47 Fri 12/16/2016

?

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 22:52 Fri 12/16/2016

Originally posted by CapFlu
?

1.Suggestion for some place near the Ferry Teriminal for beers?
2. Suggestions for anything near Qualicum Beach.

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 21:31 Wed 12/21/2016

Troller’s Ale House in Horseshoe Bay is the spot. About 15 taps all BC and nice little bottle selection.

CapFlu
beers 5136 º places 238 º 23:13 Wed 12/21/2016

For Qualicum, there ain’t much.

Decent beer stores in Parksville and better than avg breweries in Courtenay.

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 02:12 Fri 12/23/2016

Originally posted by CapFlu
For Qualicum, there ain’t much.

Decent beer stores in Parksville and better than avg breweries in Courtenay.

Thanks someone on BA, said White Sails beers are decent, haven’t seen them as yet. Their ratings on all the sites are inconsistent, guess will see.

The local and north island bottled beers I tried last trip out in March scared me with all the oxygen transfer, then I was told there is a travelling bottling line that services a lot of breweries out here. Problem explained.

Will have to get some suggestions for between the border and Seattle next week.

fiulijn
beers 28351 º places 745 º 03:08 Fri 12/23/2016

Originally posted by Hoser

That’s going to be easier!
Just be detailed about your plans, how much time you can spend, what you are targeting for.

Crossing the border to WA is similar to crossing the border between East Germany to West Germany 30 years ago (if we consider beers here, and economy in the Germany example)

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 14:22 Fri 12/23/2016

Originally posted by fiulijn
Originally posted by Hoser

That’s going to be easier!
Just be detailed about your plans, how much time you can spend, what you are targeting for.

Crossing the border to WA is similar to crossing the border between East Germany to West Germany 30 years ago (if we consider beers here, and economy in the Germany example)

What is everyone’s fave bottle shop and one pub or brewpub that we should hit? Visiting industry friends at Chuckanut, Toronado and Pike for stops we have planned (maybe Bottleworks). Driving back across Washington State and know about getting raped on duty if we are entering Canada back through BC if we are over our limits.

EskimoDave
beers 2 º 20:02 Sun 12/25/2016

A brewery got its license in Qualicum Beach a few weeks ago. Love Shack.

The Shady Rest is the only pub in QB. I really like the food there. They have two rotating taps.

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 01:45 Mon 12/26/2016

Originally posted by EskimoDave
A brewery got its license in Qualicum Beach a few weeks ago. Love Shack.

The Shady Rest is the only pub in QB. I really like the food there. They have two rotating taps.

Thanks hit Shady Rest last visit in March Fat Tug and Hoyne Pilsner on tap. My Father-in-Law lives here so many more visits in the future look forward to Love Shack.