Ultieme Hallucinatie

Reads 356 • Replies 3 • Started Monday, May 13, 2013 1:24:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

brugmanneke
beers 283 º places 45 º 13:24 Mon 5/13/2013

Hi folks!
The website of De Ultieme Hallucinatie in Brussels lists that beautiful place as open again since Dec 2012. It is still filed under the "out of business" section here at ratebeer. Is there anybody who can confirm the status of the place? And do they still serve good beers? They had De Koninck on tap in the past, if I recall it correctly...

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 15:10 Mon 5/13/2013

Did hear a while back that they re-opened, but I haven’t heard anything yet about the beers. Shouldn’t get our hopes too high beyond a few Trappists, I think. It was never about the beer there anyway.

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 23:58 Mon 5/13/2013

They are opened. I work about 100m away, and we sometimes go there for lunch. Beer list is just typical fare for Belgium and the food is also what you’ll find in most Belgian brasserie. If you are in the area, I would walk past Eglise St Marie (big church that you see from Ultieme) and go to Ane Vert instead. The place has more of the old Brussels vibe with a great beer list such as Cantillon, DeLaSenne, etc but also great food with the open kitchen.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 10:22 Tue 5/14/2013

Originally posted by sebletitje
They are opened. I work about 100m away, and we sometimes go there for lunch. Beer list is just typical fare for Belgium and the food is also what you’ll find in most Belgian brasserie. If you are in the area, I would walk past Eglise St Marie (big church that you see from Ultieme) and go to Ane Vert instead. The place has more of the old Brussels vibe with a great beer list such as Cantillon, DeLaSenne, etc but also great food with the open kitchen.

Thank you for the update on U.H., and glad to hear that Âne Vert is still doing its thing. I’ve been there a few times but the one time I ate there was a garbage smell wafting from the kitchen that ruined an otherwise good meal. Hope that was a one-time thing.