Used 15 bbl Century brewhouse for sale

Reads 10571 • Replies 6 • Started Monday, January 19, 2015 1:17:16 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

erway
beers 1004 º places 41 º 13:17 Mon 1/19/2015

Admins, please feel free to move this to For Sale if you need to.

La Cumbre Brewing Co. is moving up to a 30 bbl brewhouse and as such we will be selling our 15 bbl 1996 Century system. This brewhouse is still in use, brewing an average of 15 batches a week and prospective buyers will be able to view it and brew with one of our staff through February 2015. Our brewhouse is capable of both decoction as well as step infusion mashing.

This sale includes the following:
-1x 15 bbl (20 bbl capacity) direct fire mash kettle/whirlpool, propeller with 5 hp motor, and condensation stack with associated water lines.
-1x 15 bbl mash/lauter tun (oversized, have mashed in as much as 1750 lbs. at a 1.75:1 L:G ratio), v-wire false bottom, single 1.5" outlet. No rakes or grain-out system.
-1x grist hydrator with 1x 1" water inlet hydrating with a china-hat. 3" TC port for use on either mash/kettle or MLT.
-1x .5 bbl grant with thermal float switch to control pump.
-1x 25 bbl HLT with electrical heating element.
-1x 1000 gallon CLT (converted dairy tank, Mueller stainless from mid 60s)
-1x thermaline dual stage heat-x, can cool to wort to 46F over 23 min. with our current setup.
-5 pumps: hot liquor pump, cold liquor pump (both mpt, 1 hp. baldor motors) 1x grant pump (thompsen), 1x combi whirlpool knockout pump (thompsen), 1x mash transfer pump (VFD included)
-All associated stainless plumbing, stainless platform and staircase, BFVs, ball valves, Carbon water filter, and O2 stone.
-Brewers control panel (rebuilt by Duke City Heating and Cooling and underwritten by ETI of Albuquerque in 2009. You will not have a problem getting this green tagged by an electrical inspector so long as it remains un-changed)

ALL ELECTRONICS FOR THIS BREWHOUSE ARE 208/230V 3 phase electric.

-Grain Handling includes RAD 5 hp 2-roll mill (208/230V) , 40’ of auger, 1 hp auger motor (110V), Y selector allowing brewer to mash into either mash/kettle or mash/lauter tun.

-3x 15 bbl Century FVs, single zone jacketing (30% glycol coverage), 45 degree cone, CIP, stationary spray ball.

This is our original equipment that we purchased from barrel house brewery in Cincinnati. Before coming to ABQ, this brewhouse never saw more than 2,200 bbls/year. 8,400 bbls was brewed on the brewhouse in 2014. It has produced some exceptional beers and it has been well maintained.

If you want to make delicate lagers, here is your chance for a decoction/step mash brewhouse. If you want to make hop bombs, we have added as much as 58 lbs. to this kettle without clogging the heat-x. No soured beers, whether accidental or purposeful have been brewed on or near this brewhouse since 2010.

$150,000 takes it all. Buyer is responsible for rigging and shipping.

Serious inquiries only. No tire kickers. If you’re funded and in need of a brewhouse, Century made some of the beefiest

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 13:46 Mon 1/19/2015

You might have hit your character limit if you want to post the remainder as a reply

Excited to hear that you’re doubling capacity. That way, La Cumbre could make it to Kentucky! Whoo!

erway
beers 1004 º places 41 º 15:49 Mon 1/19/2015

Serious inquiries only. No tire kickers. If you’re funded and in need of a brewhouse, Century made some of the beefiest equipment ever made in the USA. I can be contacted directly at eljefe@lacumbrebrewing.com. I will try to monitor this post, but if you would like to get a quick response, email is the best way to get a hold of me.

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 04:25 Tue 1/20/2015

Congrats on the well deserved upgrade. It looks like a solid setup. Now...where did I put that 150k?

erway
beers 1004 º places 41 º 10:12 Tue 1/20/2015

I have received deposit on this system and it is under contract. I will update if this changes for any reason.

FrumptyDumpty
11:10 Tue 1/20/2015

Used a 20bbl century at Duck-Rabbit. Great easy to use systems.