Why don’t we just list every effin’ pub in London?

Reads 5540 • Replies 96 • Started Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:15:48 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Gazza
beers 727 º places 167 º 00:43 Sun 9/23/2012

Originally posted by haddonsman
Are you Mick Furn in disguise?

We don’t need any more, one is quite enough....

maeib
beers 8749 º places 12 º 00:56 Sun 9/23/2012

Originally posted by Gazza
Are you Mick Furn in disguise?

We don’t need any more, one is quite enough....

I’ve been known to actively avoid that man - but he likes me.

SilkTork
beers 7752 º places 111 º 05:24 Sun 9/23/2012

Originally posted by tdtm82
Yeah is there an actual addings’ guide for pubs?

Well, it’s our site, so let’s work on it. I would suggest from reading through this thread that there is a consensus to more inclusive and comprehensive.

Is there, however, a feeling that there are some pubs we don’t want to include?

If it sells beer - be in cask, keg, bottle, can or jug - we can list it. So we don’t exclude a pub because it doesn’t sell cask, or doesn’t sell draught.

Um. Range. If it only sells one beer, but that beer is exclusive to that pub, then we wouldn’t want to exclude. So we don’t exclude pubs that only sell one beer.

So, as long as a pub sells at least one beer, regardless of the container, we list it.

Is that reasonable criteria?

SilkTork
beers 7752 º places 111 º 05:25 Sun 9/23/2012

So we would exclude all pubs that don’t sell beer.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 07:26 Sun 9/23/2012

This argument is a load of bollox. Why the fuck would we not add pubs to a website that is designed to have pubs added to it?

Anyway your all wrong and im hungover.

haddonsman
beers 1234 º places 56 º 07:43 Sun 9/23/2012

*opens Good Beer Guide and starts adding places*

Christian
beers 17317 º places 278 º 08:18 Sun 9/23/2012

OK, I’ll bite too. At Victoria there are two Wetherspoons. Last year when going home from RBESG we had more than enough time to visit both, but had been at CASK enough time (and didn’t want to walk there with all the luggage). One is crap, the other, while not amazing, was worth a visit for two foreign, and hard ticking ratebeerians. So I added The Willow Walk to make sure the next tourists don’t waste time and money on the other...

(Just went and read the reviews after mine and Mads’ and it looks like the addition was appreciated)

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40624 º places 1239 º 08:33 Sun 9/23/2012

Originally posted by Christian
OK, I’ll bite too. At Victoria there are two Wetherspoons. Last year when going home from RBESG we had more than enough time to visit both, but had been at CASK enough time (and didn’t want to walk there with all the luggage). One is crap, the other, while not amazing, was worth a visit for two foreign, and hard ticking ratebeerians. So I added The Willow Walk to make sure the next tourists don’t waste time and money on the other...

(Just went and read the reviews after mine and Mads’ and it looks like the addition was appreciated)

That’s exactly the reason why everything should be included. I know the spoons in question well having visited the crappy station based one twice and the Willow Walk on a number of occasions.

Whilst not destination pubs, for someone out of town who has 30/40 minutes for a train, having this information could be the difference between a few welcome scoops or the same old abbotruddles dribble!

cgarvieuk
beers 37649 º places 457 º 10:54 Sun 9/23/2012

only if youve been there and will add a review.

Im not for adding places and no review

haddonsman
beers 1234 º places 56 º 11:55 Sun 9/23/2012

Originally posted by cgarvieuk

only if youve been there and will add a review.

Im not for adding places and no review

Good point. Because even admins wouldn’t add beers without reviewing them...