Florida Weisse my a**! Oregon Weisse!

Reads 3876 • Replies 58 • Started Thursday, May 14, 2015 7:51:56 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Marduk
beers 21980 º places 968 º 02:49 Fri 5/15/2015

Originally posted by joet
berliner is actually an american-revived style like IPA and porter

Care to elaborate that porter part?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40575 º places 1239 º 04:02 Fri 5/15/2015

Originally posted by Marduk

Yeah - whilst Berlinner Weisse and IPA have definately been popular and revived styles here in the UK over the past 5 to 10 years, I wouldn’t say there’s been a porter revival!

We’ve had many cask porters in the UK throughout my drinking career and whilst there is now way more beer choice available in the UK compared to 20 years ago, I’d say that the amount of porters on the market has not changed exponentially.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 04:08 Fri 5/15/2015

Low boost Berliner/Florida ? . Scroll right pisst .

FatPhil
beers 26064 º places 995 º 04:15 Fri 5/15/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by Marduk

Yeah - whilst Berlinner Weisse and IPA have definately been popular and revived styles here in the UK over the past 5 to 10 years, I wouldn’t say there’s been a porter revival!

We’ve had many cask porters in the UK throughout my drinking career and whilst there is now way more beer choice available in the UK compared to 20 years ago, I’d say that the amount of porters on the market has not changed exponentially.

Once a porter has become the single most exported beer brand in the world, its hard to grow after that. If anything, the last couple of decades have seen downward trends.

But please, don’t try to shake their view that America, fuck yeah, is yet again the saviour of the world - they get a little annoyed when their bubble is popped.

Marduk
beers 21980 º places 968 º 04:53 Fri 5/15/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Even IPA revival is disputable. It all depends where you draw the line. Bitter and golden ale quite never died out?

Marduk
beers 21980 º places 968 º 05:17 Fri 5/15/2015

Originally posted by pepsican
And not a single one in the top 50 from Berlin? Get it together.

All it takes is some EU lawyers with some idle time and suddenly all "real" Berliner can only legally come from Berlin.

Should we change the style name to "Berliner Style" and beat them to the punch?

No need to point fingers here. Idle time and lawyers/politicians are not good combination in any country. Texas, abv, beer, ale?!
It’s true that EU got more than one food/beverage protection laws. And it’s paradox that those laws protect ancient craftmanship against those new all hygienic food production laws. But it also prevents this kind of disgraceful shit happening like: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/anchor-zymaster-series-no-6-saaremaa-island-ale/277714/ .

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 05:19 Fri 5/15/2015

Pretty obvious that this joet fellow is just trolling you guys.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 05:20 Fri 5/15/2015

Yeah, just like you did with Kolsch-style

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 05:28 Fri 5/15/2015

Joel , ’Lambic style’ sux

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 05:53 Fri 5/15/2015

Originally posted by pepsican
And not a single one in the top 50 from Berlin? Get it together.

All it takes is some EU lawyers with some idle time and suddenly all "real" Berliner can only legally come from Berlin.

To be fair, de Garde calls their "Bu Weisse" inspired and says:
Our version of a barrel-fermented and barrel-aged Berliner-Weisse, but fermented with ambient yeast and bacteria.