Florida Weisse my a**! Oregon Weisse!

Reads 3873 • Replies 58 • Started Thursday, May 14, 2015 7:51:56 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 13:46 Sat 5/16/2015

JulienH I think your hommerism argument just got shit all over...
To each their own, I really like most everything I’ve had from de Garde.

Cheers

biggsbowler
beers 635 º places 22 º 14:53 Sat 5/16/2015

I’ve had so many bad de garde beers from my friends that I felt relieved when they were killing off their membership so I wouldn’t be forced to drink them. I will say the imp boysenberry bu was quite good.

JulienHuxley
beers 6219 º places 450 º 15:09 Sat 5/16/2015

My homerism argument wasn’t about the actual number of raters from the state, but from the people local to De Garde holding those beers hostage in trade forums trying to get the value up (mostly on *other sites* mind you, but still, this has been a thing). There was a big hype train built up for these beers, and threads like this one reminded me of those. Same argument as for other hyped breweries everywhere, if you have to give up an arm and a leg in a trade to get a bottle, you’re most likely not going to trash it. Maybe that falls away from most people’s definition of homerism and just generally into the "hype" category, but I held a grudge with some of the locals fro trying to push these beers’ values up out of the range they are worth.

I of course realize that that was absolutely not clear in my original post.

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 15:16 Sat 5/16/2015

I have to say most locals either 1) drink the beers in PDX or 2) are really really fair
I think hype and holding hostage for beers is not common with De Garde bottles, it is a lot lot worse with people and other breweries, at least in my experience.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 16:22 Sat 5/16/2015

Originally posted by joeneugs
ISO De Garde

Bump. Why is this not done yet? I’ve only had the Petit Desay. Need some Bu!

douglas88
admin
beers 13202 º places 398 º 18:17 Sat 5/16/2015

The problem is that De Garde is not local to anyone. I live 90 minutes from there and I guess I’m close! It’s a drive over the mountains into a rainforest and the down to the farmland by the ocean. Actually, the drive is awesome but it’s tough.
If I had the time I’d trade way more out.

Reid
beers 3533 º places 95 º 18:45 Sat 5/16/2015

Originally posted by douglas88
The problem is that De Garde is not local to anyone. I live 90 minutes from there and I guess I’m close! It’s a drive over the mountains into a rainforest and the down to the farmland by the ocean. Actually, the drive is awesome but it’s tough.
If I had the time I’d trade way more out.

Yeah it would be great if they could open a place in Portland

Reid
beers 3533 º places 95 º 18:56 Sat 5/16/2015

Even in Oregon ...i go to the coast often but maybe Tillamook once a year..as its mostly boring farm land away from the beaches.NO camping no good hiking.
Has a cheese factory though

b3shine
beers 12189 º places 372 º 18:59 Sat 5/16/2015

De Garde is making incredible beer, and at a price point that can’t be beat. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but their ratings aren’t an artifact of homering.

DA
places 1 º 19:54 Sat 5/16/2015

Who is keeping these hostage? There are like 4 Ratebeer people in Portland, and I’d guess 0 in Tillamook. I don’t think I’ve seen many trades on here for De Garde at all.