Your opinions please

Reads 6524 • Replies 53 • Started Friday, July 27, 2012 6:07:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 08:56 Fri 7/27/2012

Originally posted by levifunk
A store in town puts a small "new" tag next to the price on the shelf to indicate which beers they have recently got in. I like this a lot. When you regularly go into a store, you know what they have, and so this is helpful for me to see the things I may not have seen previously.

Yeah, my local uses a dry erase board right at the enterence indicating the latest arrivals from the past week or two

fletche00
09:34 Fri 7/27/2012

A store in town puts a small "new" tag next to the price on the shelf to indicate which beers they have recently got in. I like this a lot. When you regularly go into a store, you know what they have, and so this is helpful for me to see the things I may not have seen previously.

I actually just started doing that, got tired of explaining to 50 people a day what beers we just go in.

weihenweizen
beers 6991 º places 700 º 11:17 Fri 7/27/2012

If there is no space for the carts (optimal) consider using the plastic baskets.

Originally posted by fletche00
Originally posted by ericandersnavy
Originally posted by fletche00
Originally posted by ericandersnavy
organized by brewers in alphabetical order.

Funny, I suppose you want me to put the Budweiser 24 pack cans right next to the front door also?

BMC does not count. They usually have their own doors.

Doors and Shelves are all by region. Have you ever seen a wine section that is in alphabetical order? Serious question too, not trying to be a smart ass.

Don’t shop for wine.

SudsMcDuff
beers 8597 º places 190 º 11:40 Fri 7/27/2012

Originally posted by spacecoyote
Visible prices.

+1

boom!

vacax
12:20 Fri 7/27/2012

Knowing which beers need to be in the cooler vs. which beers are okay on the shelf is a major factor in how I judge a beer store. It makes it pretty easy to tell whether or not the store takes beer seriously or not.

JLLSU
beers 238 º places 1 º 12:34 Fri 7/27/2012

I’m one of those weirdos that likes the beer grouped by style rather than brewery.

JLLSU
beers 238 º places 1 º 12:35 Fri 7/27/2012

Or even have a dedicated section for new beers.

jbrana
beers 641 º places 33 º 12:41 Fri 7/27/2012

The biggest things for me are:

*Visable Prices

*Allow customers to buy singles of anything (and without charging extra). This is done easily by doing inventory by bottle rather than by 6pk / 4pk. Then you can simply price everything out by the bottle. I feel like it gives customers the confidence to try new beers, and they’ll come back for more if they like it. I have tons of bottle shops close to my house, but I drive farther to go to the store that allows singles of everything.

*The ratebeer shelf tags are helpful. I’m likely going to look up scores on my phone anyway, so the tags save time.

*Don’t put beers in a front window where there is too much light, but at the same time, make sure the lighting is good enough that people can actually read the labels.

*Organize by brewery, not by style of beer.

barncatmatt
beers 2287 º places 71 º 12:47 Fri 7/27/2012

first take down the perfect rating you gave your store