RATINGS: 4345   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

midovark (3221) - Budapest, HUNGARY - SEP 26, 2020
UPDATED: SEP 26, 2020 Can share at the annual hop harvest at Vál. Pours copper with off-white head. Nose is caramel and biscuity malts, booze and resinous hops. Taste is a nice combination of the sweet notes of caramel, biscuits nd booze and the bitter hoppy notes of citruses and pine. Starts off sweet but then turns bitter pretty quickly, closing with this latter. Full bodied with soft to average carbonation, classic sipper. Tasty DIPA that's pretty old-school by now.

MacNJ (315) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 2, 2020
UPDATED: JUL 2, 2020 Nose is sweet candied malt joy. There’s a hint if hop punch. Amber color with a thin, almost nonexistent head. Explosion on hops and pine on he first couple of sips. I haven’t had this in years; I had it on tap at the brewery perhaps in 2005. The harsh pine needle finish began to mellow as it settled. Boozy presence, yet balanced well. It’s like an amped up Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Cheers!

hayayoshi (582) - Colorado, USA - JUN 18, 2020
UPDATED: JUN 18, 2020 Aroma is passion fruit, tropical, guava, citrus and hops. Clear, orange and amber in color. Taste is citrus, sweet, hoppy, berry, bubblegum, and floral. Like a double IPA and dubbel made together.

capted (53) - - MAY 16, 2020
UPDATED: MAY 16, 2020 Draft drawn into a 32oz jug then pretty aggressively poured into a snifter. The result was a clear, burnt amber body topped by a lush, 1-inch, off-white head supported by loads of tiny, upward streaming bubbles. Despite the big ABV, the head hung around and left fleeting curtains of lace. In my view, 90 Minute always has been and still is the chameleon of IPAs, wonderfully evolving as it warms. Early aromas of citrusy grapefruit and pungent pine eventually yield to notes of sweet caramel and roasted malts. The taste seems reversed - caramel, raisins and figs early - and a mild, but persistent, lingering resinous pine at the finish. The only hint of alcohol is a pleasantly spreading warmth. The mouthfeel is silky smooth and creamy. This is an expertly crafted, wonderfully balanced example of the brewer’s art at its best.

marchbrown (198) - - MAY 6, 2020
UPDATED: MAY 6, 2020 A Classic new American imperial IPA that has stood the test of more recent time to become a favorite.

hauxe (2495) - Butzbach, Hesse, GERMANY - MAR 14, 2020
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2020 Deep amber with a frothy, white head. The aroma is dank pine with pear juice, butterscotch and light citrus notes underneath. Taste is bittersweet up front with the malty sweetness very nicely balancing the hops. Bitter the rest of the way. Finishes with a modest warmth. Full bodied. Nice!

Beese (11110) - Tooting, London, Greater London, ENGLAND - FEB 22, 2020
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2020 12oz bottle at Pizza Port, Carlsbad, CA on 29/04/2008. An absolutely smashing IIPA. Loads of bitter piney notes along with resinous hops and stone fruits.

unclefrito62 (1323) - Stow, Ohio, USA - DEC 29, 2019
UPDATED: DEC 29, 2019 22 ounce draft at Beef O Brady’s in Stow, Ohio. Smell thee pine. Nice golden in color. Creamy white head with film on glass. Taste both pine and citrus. Smooth and alcohol well hidden. Citrus hop aftertaste. Really good for the style. Cheers!

ironprog (139) - Florida, USA - DEC 14, 2019
UPDATED: DEC 14, 2019 12 oz. bottle. AROMA: Strong scents of malt and grapefruit with some grassy undertones. APPEARANCE: Pours a clear amber with a small, white head, that dissipates quickly. TASTE: When it first hits the palate I get a nice sweetness with just a touch of sour. Then, after a second or two, the bitterness comes (but not too much). It is just the right amount of bitterness to offset the sweetness. I get flavors of grapefruit and juniper. MOUTHFEEL: It doesn't look it, but it is surprisingly full-bodied, and has a creamy texture with average carbonation. Finish is long and just a bit on the bitter side. OVERALL: I have to say, I am definitely NOT an IPA person. Over the years, I've tried 30 or 40 of them. And, up until now, I've only liked 3. Well, now I can say that I like 4 of them, with this one being the best of the bunch! I have never had an Imperial IPA, so I think I will try more Imperial IPAs to see if that style is more to my liking than regular IPAs. At any rate, if (like me) you don't care for IPAs, then I suggest that you give this one a try. I know I will be buying more of this in the future!

luka237 (436) - POLAND - NOV 23, 2019
UPDATED: NOV 23, 2019 In aroma rich punch of malts, some raisins, biscuit, little bit like good class barley wine. In taste sweet, some biscuit, gently sour in a dry fruits way, and at the finish nice bitterness comes out. Great beer.