Best Brewery Trips!

Reads 3443 • Replies 36 • Started Tuesday, April 2, 2013 11:32:46 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

pablo951
beers 761 º places 117 º 17:22 Fri 5/24/2013

Portland is definitely in my near future, but my wife will have to come down. Minneapolis is going to happen in June. Any suggestions bars, breweries, and stores?

dhunter151
beers 590 º places 11 º 13:44 Sat 5/25/2013

Yeah StefanSD who has SD in his user name and named 5 breweries from the SD area, where in SoCal? I'm dying to know. Lol

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 14:03 Sat 5/25/2013

Both Southern California (more so San Diego, but increasingly Orange and LA counties) and Northern California (San Francisco and the surrounding Bay Area, and the Santa Rosa area) have plenty of amazing breweries and bars, but things are fairly spread out. San Francisco isn’t too bad since you can walk, bus, or BART everywhere. But San Diego you have to drive to a lot of the great places dice they are spread out. Not to mention our awful traffic in California, particularly So Cal.

A place where walking/biking or public transportation is a viable option make for much better beer cities.

liquidcrack
beers 45 º places 15 º 18:14 Mon 6/3/2013

Southern California: Pizza Port, Stone, Green Flash, Ballast Point, Alesmith, and prob some more that I missed.. Here’s a curveball: Cleveland, OH: Great Lakes, Buckeye, Brew Kettle, Rocky River, Willoughby, Fatheads, Cornerstone.. That’s just breweries, we got some great bars and awesome food.. PLUS, it’s cheap!!! also there is a Brewpub Bus for your safety.. Let me know, I will help you out

Brouwerij
beers 959 º places 40 º 16:49 Tue 6/4/2013

Gotta side with Steve_0, Colorado is up there on the list. So many breweries packed in. Either that or head to CA or OR.

kbutler1
beers 1383 º places 107 º 18:14 Tue 6/4/2013

Portland or California. As a local to Minneapolis I’d put a plug in for here as well. I’m headed to CO in a couple weeks so I can report back after that vacation.