easy salmon recipe...

Reads 3334 • Replies 24 • Started Friday, May 11, 2012 5:39:21 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

reggiedunlop
beers 3729 º places 182 º 05:39 Fri 5/11/2012

Make a marinade of 1/3 soy sauce and 2/3 maple syrup. Marinade salmon in this for 24-36 hrs. Bake salmon at 350 for about 15 minutes (time really depends on size of salmon pieces). Sometimes i sprinkle some chili powder on it too.

Marinade can be frozen and reused 3-4 times before it gets too fishy.

arniepnminne
09:49 Fri 5/11/2012

Nice. I found using a mixture of honey, dijon mustard, cayenne, and some fresh dill to be a great salmon marinade. Leaves a nice crust on salmon too. I will try your marinade this week.

reggiedunlop
beers 3729 º places 182 º 10:18 Fri 5/11/2012

That sounds good as well! I will have to give that a try. Cheers!

AcctError62185
places 1 º 17:17 Fri 5/11/2012

I would never ever reuse marinade in that manner. I will add it to a sauce or something that is going to get heated to near boiling or beyond, but seriously, you are just asking to get sick if you reuse something that meat has been sitting in for a couple of days

Cobra
beers 1100 º places 24 º 17:37 Fri 5/11/2012

Originally posted by Tibeerious
I would never ever reuse marinade in that manner. I will add it to a sauce or something that is going to get heated to near boiling or beyond, but seriously, you are just asking to get sick if you reuse something that meat has been sitting in for a couple of days

+1. You know nothing about food safety. Remind me to never eat at your place, moran.

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 17:38 Fri 5/11/2012

Ever tried this with an imitation maple syrup like Log Cabin?

ALLOVATE
beers 3846 º places 111 º 20:36 Fri 5/11/2012

+2. Marinades are absorbed by whatever you are marinading but in the same way leach juices from the meat or fish - raw juices that are a major cause of food poisoning. One use only, even if cooked off!
Try a traditional gravlax - salt curing the salmon. I simply use 50% salt and 50% white sugar and crust the salmon. Leave this for a few hours until the meat is retarded fully but not dried, and slice thinly to serve (off the skin). A great appetiser!!!

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 22:54 Fri 5/11/2012

Yum yum in my tum tum

reggiedunlop
beers 3729 º places 182 º 05:15 Sat 5/12/2012

Originally posted by Cobra

+1. You know nothing about food safety. Remind me to never eat at your place, moran.

So dont reuse it. I dont really care. It is a tasty recipe and ive reused it a number of times with no problems as have the couple who gave the recipe to me...and theyve been doing it for 10 years or more. And if you plan on chiming in to insult someone...at least spell moron correctly you fucking horses ass.

reggiedunlop
beers 3729 º places 182 º 05:16 Sat 5/12/2012

Originally posted by StefanSD
Ever tried this with an imitation maple syrup like Log Cabin?

I havent but im sure it would probably be just as good.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 05:35 Sat 5/12/2012

Originally posted by watson1977
Originally posted by Cobra

So dont reuse it. I dont really care. It is a tasty recipe and ive reused it a number of times with no problems as have the couple who gave the recipe to me...and theyve been doing it for 10 years or more. And if you plan on chiming in to insult someone...at least spell moron correctly you fucking horses ass.

Chill out, clearly if moran gets you upset, you suck at the intewebz. BTW, don’t and they’re are the correct spellings. MORAN

That being said, they are correct about re-using the marinade.