Let’s give the satelites some place-rating love

Reads 4013 • Replies 61 • Started Saturday, January 21, 2017 7:29:11 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 04:25 Fri 1/27/2017

I think Leighton (and I am also interested) is alluding to a place rating in Rutland ... just the one will do for me.

This would be in the form of a train to and from Oakham and a quick in and out visit.

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 04:28 Fri 1/27/2017

Am I getting the gist that there will be several of us at Peterborough this year?

I am returning after a few years as they now promise no mid afternoon shut down and more tables & chairs. Could there be a Ratebeer table?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 04:52 Fri 1/27/2017

Originally posted by imdownthepub
Am I getting the gist that there will be several of us at Peterborough this year?

I am returning after a few years as they now promise no mid afternoon shut down and more tables & chairs. Could there be a Ratebeer table?

Sounds like a good chance ... never done Peterborough ... stretches over a good 4 or 5 days if I recall?

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 05:08 Fri 1/27/2017

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Sounds like a good chance ... never done Peterborough ... stretches over a good 4 or 5 days if I recall?

Yes it has a long run, just checked my diary and it looks like we will be doing 2 days - Thurs 24th & Fri 25th August, there is a small chance of us also doing the Wednesday late afternoon, but that depends on a lot of factors.
This probably means we may miss the bulk of Ratebeerians I reckon.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 05:23 Fri 1/27/2017

Takes wellingtons if the weather has been wet. Sometimes waders would be more appropriate.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 05:47 Fri 1/27/2017

Yes it has a long run, just checked my diary and it looks like we will be doing 2 days - Thurs 24th & Fri 25th August, there is a small chance of us also doing the Wednesday late afternoon, but that depends on a lot of factors.
This probably means we may miss the bulk of Ratebeerians I reckon.

I’d be tempted to take a Friday off for this presuming the missus has no plans that weekend.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 05:49 Fri 1/27/2017

Originally posted by chriso

Takes wellingtons if the weather has been wet. Sometimes waders would be more appropriate.

Is it a an outdoor jobby akin to Ealing ?

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 06:03 Fri 1/27/2017

Originally posted by chriso

Is it a an outdoor jobby akin to Ealing ?

It’s in Marquee’s on the flood plain, we got bitten pretty badly last time.

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 10:53 Fri 1/27/2017

Been on the Wednesday last two years, early start ensures a seat, if not a table. Take my father and wife, meet a brother, for a family type afternoon. They do thirds too, so plenty of ticks if required.

<*))))))><

Leighton
beers 33717 º places 1204 º 17:35 Fri 1/27/2017

Don’t think I’d be able to take a day off for the Pete fest. Saturday outings for stuff like this are my preference.