Loons in London

Reads 855 • Replies 16 • Started Thursday, July 4, 2013 5:40:16 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 05:40 Thu 7/4/2013

Yeah, yeah I know. Apols in advance.

Heading to New York next week and wanted to bring over a couple for a mate. Don’t worry I’m bringing lots of fresh London stuff as well.

Anyone know of any bottle shops with stock at the moment? Can’t order online for various logistical reasons.

Leighton
beers 33748 º places 1204 º 05:42 Thu 7/4/2013

Kris Wines has a few I think. Also, the Ealing Beer Festival has some on their menu, which I’m guessing you could take away.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40711 º places 1239 º 05:44 Thu 7/4/2013

There’s a bottle shop in the Wimbledon area that has been mentioned before (could have been on BA?).

Work colleague stumbled across it at the weekend and said there was Cantillons available.

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 05:56 Thu 7/4/2013

I’ll give Kris Wines a try. Amazingly I’ve never been there.

Worst case scenario I think there might be some left in the pubs that did the Cave Direct/Tour de Geuze thing but the prices are probably still pretty steep.

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 06:01 Thu 7/4/2013

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
There’s a bottle shop in the Wimbledon area that has been mentioned before (could have been on BA?).

Work colleague stumbled across it at the weekend and said there was Cantillons available.

Not familiar with this place. Beer Boutique in Putney maybe?

http://www.thebeerboutique.co.uk/

Leighton
beers 33748 º places 1204 º 06:08 Thu 7/4/2013

Euston Tap also has some Loons. I would guess the prices aren’t that bad.

Fin
beers 17289 º places 1653 º 06:17 Thu 7/4/2013

Is the term ’Loons’ some trendy new shortening of Cantillon then? I have never heard the term before, serves me right I guess for being ’out in the sticks’.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40711 º places 1239 º 06:18 Thu 7/4/2013

Originally posted by Fin
Is the term ’Loons’ some trendy new shortening of Cantillon then? I have never heard the term before, serves me right I guess for being ’out in the sticks’.

Should be ’Lons’ really ... bloody yoof of today

harrisoni
beers 25388 º places 68 º 06:26 Thu 7/4/2013

Originally posted by Fin

I thought he was after some trousers, as in shortening of Panteloons.

Or he was advertising that some southern Belgians were visting London as in Walloons in London.

Or he was complaining about the daft tourists you find in London, Loons in London

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40711 º places 1239 º 06:29 Thu 7/4/2013

Originally posted by MannyGoldberg
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Not familiar with this place. Beer Boutique in Putney maybe?

http://www.thebeerboutique.co.uk/

nope
Nelson Wines ...
http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1163/20531.php

I thought you were all talking about the birds.